Practice Reports NHK Trophy | Golden Skate

Practice Reports NHK Trophy

genki

On the Ice
whoops,
Order of music: Machida, Takahahi, Berner, Contesti,Kozuka. Takahashi, Kozuka will practice short,oghers long.

Machida with music.---Beauriful 3a
It stopped again. I got to go now. Can anybody else continue to translate?

roma

On the Ice
Thanks for the link, genki!

I will just use google translate on the page and refresh every 5 minutes or so even if the translation is quite off sometimes.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Takahashi's music has started. He didn't do much in the beginning. He landed beautiful triple axel and triple flip. Step sequence - He tripped up a bit, but the rest of his step sequence was quite dynamic.

T. Verner
His FD music is constructed with Sing, Sing, Sing, La Vie en Rose, and coming back to Sing, Sing, Sing. He had a bit of trouble with jumps; he doubled many of his jumps. He, did, however, finished his practice session strongly.

S. Contesti
Just like Takahashi, he did not skate his FD with all the choreographic sequences, but hie jumps looked decent.

Kozuka
He doubled his opening quad. He put both his hands as he landed the triple axel. Kozuka ran though his entire FD, but his difficulty with jump continued as he fell on another triple axel he attempted at the latter half of his program.

Last edited:

babayaga

On the Ice
Thank you genki for the link and CARA for the translation! What does it say about Kozuka? Seems from google translate that he also had not a very good run-through.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
^ See above. I just added Kozuka. Onto the second warm-up group. :)

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
During the remaining 5 minutes practice after completion of all skaters, Takahashi continued practicing quad. toe loop. Unfortunately all his landings were double-footed. Takahashi then attempted quad flip several times. All of them also landed double-footed except the last jump, which seemed decent.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The second warm-up group:

The first music to be played was that of Ross Miners. He run through his short and nailed all his jumping paths! :agree:

B Mroz
He skated his FD, Carmen. He doubled his initial quad, then he abbrreviated the latter half of his program.

Konstantin MENSHOV
Menshov chose to skate his FD. His music comsists of "Battle Without Honour or Humanity" from the Kill Bill soundtrack to "Claire de Lune," & coming back to Kill Bill's. :eek:
Holy cow - what a combination (Ok, this is not part of the translation - it's my impression!) Anyway, the Japanese commentator apparently thought that menshov had an interesting music combination, too. His jumps looked Ok, if not half-hearted.

Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You are welcome. ;) Here's the rest.

Armin M
Armin also skated his FD. His music is also from the Kill Bill soundtrack. (So we have the battle of Kill Bills! :laugh:)
He skated all his choreo in the beginning, didn't do much in the middle, but practiced the latter half of the program with concentration, including all the jumping paths.

The four skaters practiced for ten more minutes after the conclusion of musics. Mroz, who had the first recorded quad lutz, hardly practices his quad at all. Menshov successfully landed quad-triple combo twice before the end of practice.

End of men's practices.

I just realized that there are only nine skaters on the current men's roster. I wondered who withdrew at the last minutes. Does anyone know? :confused:

Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Adrian...:cry: I'm really sorry that he withdrew.

BTW, if someone can find the link to the ice dance practice live-stream, I'll be happy to translate, again.