First Warmup Group

Caydee Denney & John Coughlin USA
SP East of Eden by Lee Holdridge

Natasha Purich & Raymond Schultz CAN
SP Night-Train by Jimmy Forest

Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir USA
SP Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber Music

Lubov Iliuschechkina & Nodari Maisuradze RUS
SP Figaro (from "The Barber of Seville") by Giacomo Rossini (modern arrangement)

Second Warmup Group

Stefania Berton & Ondrej Hotarek ITA
SP Harlem Nocturne by Earl Hagen and Dick Rogers; Demasiado Corazon by Willy Deville Music

Narumi Takahashi & Mervin Tran JPN
SP Imagine by The Beatles

Yuko Kawaguti & Alexander Smirnov RUS
SP All Alone by Joe Satriani

Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy GER
SP Angels and Demons (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hmmmm 10:45pm tonight for me.... not sure I want to stay up for it lol

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
The short dance has ended, now on to pairs! If Savchenko/Szolkowy land the throw 3A they'll run away with it, but if they fall, Kavaguti/Smirnov will likely lead after the short.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, I missed the first 30 seconds or so of D&C's program. :( But what I have seen thus far I liked. :)

Still think they should've won at least the silver medal at SA this year.

Good job, good job! :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Cute CAN pair, but they come across as a junior pair in terms of speed (slow), technique, and not powerful (the throw jump barely covered any ice) and the lift not good. jmho.

DaveT

On the Ice
Darn, I missed the first 30 seconds or so of D&C's program. :( But what I have seen thus far I liked. :)

Still think they should've won at least the silver medal at SA this year.

Good job, good job! :cool:
She doubled sbs. Whoever edited the music for them hates it and wanted to inflict great pain upon it. That is some music butcher job.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry, but C&S is hard for me to get into, even at last year's Nationals b/c of the outrageous height difference - it reminds me of a father with his baby daughter (kinda like that pair that skated to a "Barbie Doll" song some years ago for an exhibition).

Creepiness aside, their throw jump was gorgeous, as was the lift (her flexibility is outstanding), too bad about the fall on the sbs jump by her though.

Also, I do like the fact that they actually look like a pair (reminiscent of G&G in that dpt.).

Good job, Good job! :)

auser

Record Breaker
Haven't been following pairs much recently, but I thought C & S looked promising.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, I remember this RUS pair perfectly at SC, especially during practice. She reminds me exactly of the girl/woman from the movie the ORPHAN, right down to that innocent doll-like face of a child, but the temperament of a tiger, at least what I observed during practice (easy to see she's the leader in the pair, lol).

She must have a mind of steel in order to keep herself so emaciated for pairs.

Just an eery feeling about this pair.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
The judges were a bit tough on I/M. I thought they should have been first. Really liked the performance

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Kavaguti did a triple toe by herself, very nice.
Then k/s did a throw triple loop. Also very nice.

gold12345

Medalist
I liked Castelli and Shnapir quite a bit. They have pretty nice lines and interesting choreo. I know they had a bad mistake on the sbs 3T, but I thought the score was too low. Then again, it's hard to know for sure without looking at protocols.

Overall, everyone in the first group seemed a little off.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
C/S have a really interesting looking SP. A bit rough around the edges, but overall, I feel there were more work to put the program together than the first 5 teams.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Eh, I didn't really like this ITA pair, not much spark between them imho, and he was unsteady on his feet during the pair lift, and she had a weak position going into the death spiral at the end. jmho.

Gonna be close between them and D&C though...