Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79

Thread: Pairs Short Program Nov 11 2:45 AM EST on IN

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,783
    I think I acknowledged her weakness.
    I'm just telling you how ludicrous it is to suggest this guy can "win" anything with a different partner.

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I think I acknowledged her weakness.
    I'm just telling you how ludicrous it is to suggest this guy can "win" anything with a different partner.

    I think he has a much better chance given his talents.

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,783
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    No they did the 3T (or 2T), 4Sth (3S), 2A+2ASEQ...look it up except for Olympics when it was changed during warmups, I'm starting to think you know nothing about this pair
    They stopped doing 4S throw after the 2009 lp.
    At the same time they stopped doing the 3T SEQ.

    Look it up, I think you might have selective amnesia.

    They did the 4STh at the 2010 world lp. According to you, the other 4-5 LP, they should have done 3T SEQ since the 4S were never planned.

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    Smirnov's sister just confirmed Yuko dislocated her shoulder yesterday and she was taken to the hospital.


    I told you they stopped doing them at the same time because they were to hard to do them both in the same program.

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,783
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    I told you they stopped doing them at the same time because they were to hard to do them both in the same program.
    That's why I told you they weren't doing either in 4-5 LPs in 2009-2010 season.
    They only did the 4STh ONCE that season. Where were the 3T SEQs the other times?

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    That's why I told you they weren't doing either in 4-5 LPs in 2009-2010 season.
    They only did the 4STh ONCE that season.Where were the 3T SEQs the other times?
    They competed 7 quads in the 07-08 season; 7 quads in the 08-09 season; and 2 quads in the 09-10 season.

    When they attemped the quad it was always with a 3T+3T+SEQ but it made them too tired and they were never given a positive GOE even when she landed it so they stopped.

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    680
    Just watch T/T and they were brilliance, the transition into death spiral is just WOW! For me, they have the best skate of the night! I prefer their short program style much more than S/S. Their elements except jump were very well executed.
    Last edited by treeloving; 11-11-2011 at 09:43 AM.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    311
    K/S are horrific. I can't truly name any of their elements as high quality. Their twist is the thworst. Their throws have no height or distance and the landings are usually very weak. Those lifts are simply unwatchable. The spins, steps... There is a reason they could no longer get high marks even with relatively 'clean' skate at CoC once the Russian federation decided to abandon them this season. The GOEs on their elements are coming down to earth as it should. A few posters criticize teenagers Sui/Hai for lack of unison. What was the last time we saw multiple world medalists K/S moved in unison ? I would rather watch S/S skate with multiple falls than K/S skate 'clean' with those frentic transitions that have nothing to do with the program.

    I dislike T/T. They always crash on big elements but still get some high scores. Their programs are very predicable.
    Last edited by skateflower; 11-11-2011 at 01:12 PM.

  9. #69
    Edgy Details
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cracow
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    K/S are horrific. I can't truly name any of their elements as high quality. Their twist is the thworst. Their throws have no height or distance and the landings are usually very weak. Those lifts are simply unwatchable. The spins, steps... There is a reason they could no longer get high marks even with relatively 'clean' skate at CoC once the Russian federation decided to abandon them this season. The GOEs on their elements are coming down to earth as it should. A few posters criticize teenagers Sui/Hai for lack of unison. What was the last time we saw multiple world medalists K/S moved in unison ? I would rather watch S/S skate with multiple falls than K/S skate 'clean' with those frentic transitions that have nothing to do with the program.

    .
    I agree. All elements they do are painful to watch. This SP is particularly bad. Moskvina gave them a lovely LPm but I wish they would make it justice...

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    I agree with mousepotato. Time for Smirnov to find a new partner. If someone suiteable and up to his high skill level is available that is. Kavaguti is too inconsistent technically, she is getting old (for a female pair skater) and seems easily injured, and she just isnt pleasant to watch and doesnt match up to his beautiful line and elegance on the ice.

  11. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I agree with mousepotato. Time for Smirnov to find a new partner. If someone suiteable and up to his high skill level is available that is. Kavaguti is too inconsistent technically, she is getting old (for a female pair skater) and seems easily injured, and she just isnt pleasant to watch and doesnt match up to his beautiful line and elegance on the ice.
    Smirnov is NO Szolkowy. He has those muscles but they are worthless. He has absolutely no core strength. Smirnov has to share a lot of blame on Kavaguti's falls on those throws and those ugly crashy twists. Smirnov could barely handle Kavaguti's tiny body in those lifts. Will he be lucky enough to find another tiny Russian doll like Nodari MAISURADZE who will never grow?

  12. #72
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I think I acknowledged her weakness.
    I'm just telling you how ludicrous it is to suggest this guy can "win" anything with a different partner.
    Yeah, and where exactly is Smirnov supposed to find a partner? The only person I can think of who is world level and available in Russia is Mukhortova, and Kavaguti is better than her.

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,783
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Smirnov is NO Szolkowy. He has those muscles but they are worthless. He has absolutely no core strength. Smirnov has to share a lot of blame on Kavaguti's falls on those throws and those ugly crashy twists. Smirnov could barely handle Kavaguti's tiny body in those lifts. Will he be lucky enough to find another tiny Russian doll like Nodari MAISURADZE who will never grow?
    I said it before and I'm glad others also agree. Errors on a throw result from BOTH partners.
    They are equally terrible when it comes to SBS jumps. She fell or he doubled or missed or both.
    What's working for them is their coach and their programs. Moskvina isn't stupid. I think she might be the first to get Smirnov to partner up with another girl if it means GOLD for Russia. Clearly, she didn't think he could do better.
    This isn't a Mukhortova-Trankov situation. Moskvina and Yuko are definitely not schtupping.
    Last edited by FlattFan; 11-11-2011 at 07:14 PM.

  14. #74
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,799
    I was sorry to see Aliona's change of costume.( Boy , I'm tired of seeing her in catsuit type things. They simply don't suit her physique ) I hope she's kept the FP costume .

  15. #75
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    4,152
    For some reason when you said Aliona, I thought you were talking about Adelina Sotnikova for a second with the catsuit mention. Which made me think that Adelina would actually look really good in tight, black leather. With a whip. I'd like to see her do a catwoman program now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •