Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good luck Ladies! Can't wait to see Mao.

Starting Order

1 Shoko ISHIKAWA JPN
2 Agnes ZAWADZKI USA
3 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA
4 Ashley WAGNER USA
5 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO

6 Cynthia PHANEUF CAN
7 Mao ASADA JPN
8 Kiira KORPI FIN
9 Alena LEONOVA RUS
10 Akiko SUZUKI JPN

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Cheers to ALL the American Ladies and Super Mao! :party2: :yay: :love:

ps: I checked out the practice thread and read about Mao's new dress, but didn't click on the link b/c I want to be surprised. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
All right, there they are! :cool:

5 minutes of warmup and then they start.

I see the powerful French skater is in this group (recall her power jumps from last year).

And there's Agnes, another powerful jumper. And of course the lovely Ashley Wagner. :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
WOW Agnes is a Brunette now. Quite a change, I like it.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Elene's such a powerful jumper, that's the one thing that stood out to me last year at SA when I was sitting in the front row watching everybody up front & live, Elene's beautiful powerful jumps. So glad she changed back to her beautiful natural brunette color. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Didn't get a good look at Agnes, just a glimpse from afar, not sure if I like the brunette hair on her. Isn't she a natural mousy blonde?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Gee, I wonder if it is me or IN, but the skaters seemed to be skating slow tonight, even most of the pairs. Hmmm...

Anyhow, too bad about the singled 2A, but everything else landed.

Good job by the Japanese lady. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: then again I recall watching one of my faves, Carolina Kostner, at SA live last year, and honest to God she was not as fast as I expected. Everybody on the boards goes on & on & on ad infinitum about how fast she is, but as God is my witness in the LP she didn't seem fast at all. About the same speed as Rachael Flatt last year. jmho.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
ps: then again I recall watching one of my faves, Carolina Kostner, at SA live last year, and honest to God she was not as fast as I expected. Everybody on the boards goes on & on & on ad infinitum about how fast she is, but as God is my witness in the LP she didn't seem fast at all. About the same speed as Rachael Flatt last year. jmho.

She had a mini meltdown last year in SA, so don't judge her speed only for that program. I remember the british eurosport guys saying in 2008 worlds SP that she was flying across the ice and did the 3F-3T combo very close to where they were staying and joked about how if something went wrong with the combo they could be in danger.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, I was expecting to be blow away by Agnes, especially seeing has she's got Tonya Harding's legs to a T (identical in fact, just more elongated). But she's not packaged right at all imho; she needs powerful music to fit her powerful style of skating, and the brunette hair has to go, et al.

Still, I love the 3/3 combo. (jump a minor step out) is all.

Good job! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Now that is a power skater (best out of the bunch; love her 3/3 combo.)! :cool: :clap:

But everything else leaves a lot to be desired -- bulky legs, bulky style, tights over the boots (bleh), etc.

Her TES should be high though, especially seeing as how Agnes almost sat down on her 3F jump. :(

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Ashley just double-fted her flip.
loop is ok. from slomo, looked UR
axel is ok

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Now that should be put in 1st place! :cool:

Seriously, Ashley's combines both the beauty and the sport together to make a lovely whole. And I absolutely love the 3/2 she does with both arms overhead on the 2T (like they do in the Bolshoi Ballet; reminiscent of Mao Asada's outstandingly gorgeous 3A/2T she used to do, ahhhh I miss those days).

Oops, upon replay Ashley slightly two-footed her 3/2. :(

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner has attitude and attack, and a great choice of music. Also, a nice dress, and Mr. Nicks is always a welcome sight in the K&C - how he has the energy for all this travel at this age, I've no idea. I'm very happy to see Ashley in good form so far this season.

Watching Agnes is almost as exciting as watching paint dry and her skating is about as fast.

Mae-Berenice Mitte has potential but obviously has to do a lot of work on the presentation side.

Elene Gedevanishvilli was right to go back to being a brunette.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not bad, very very good in fact, perfect program to fit Elene's style, she's found her niche. :cool:

And that 3/2 was the best in the biz, but did she double her 3S? She makes it look so easy I thought she did.

Anyhow, good job! :)