Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nope, she tripled it, yeah! :cool:

ps: she's the tiniest skater in real life; I recall at SA she was the tiniest skater on the ice, but powerful!!!! :clap:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm quite glad that Elene G has gotten herself into better shape. She's deservedly leading so far.

I think the French girl deserved to be ahead of Agnezzzzzzz.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Akiko's looking hot with 3/3!
Mao's dress is very different from what we're used to from her!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Btw, I remain steadfast on what I said about Carolina Kostner and her speed, which I found to be about equal for all the ladies at SA last year. She skated to "Afternoon of a Faun" so mayhap that's why she wasn't so fast, but then again fans tend to blow things out of proportion to the point that it becomes myth, and this goes for ALL the skaters, including Patrick Chan. I saw him skate live at the 2010 Olympics and he isn't all that. Jmho.

Of course this comes from a huge Evgeni Plushenko Fan, but I try to be fair. :)

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Yikes, Cynthia. I'd place that in last so far, objectively, but in terms of the rules of the scoring system she'll go ahead of the Japanese girl who is currently in last place.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Now THIS is the type of program Agnes needs, just like her identical twin sister Cynthia Phaneuf (seriously, I can't tell the difference between the two).

Too bad though about the fall on that huge 3L, the doubled 3R, and the low landing on the 2A. Still, what a great program, love it! :cool: :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Terrible skate jump wise for Cynthia.

Elena And Ashley were great. Big improvements in Mae's skating she should have been ahead of Agnes. PC's probably did her in.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Mao just keeps evolving. I couldn't have imagined Mao skating with such a theatrical style.
Easily my favourite program after Kostner's SP.

Jumps :(
Spins!
Steps!!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, I almost crying, when she first stepped out on the ice I thought I was seeing Michelle Kwan from the 1996 Worlds (except for the pants that is).

However, Michelle always had the tiger in the eye look, you knew she was going to nail, the same quality that Evgeni Plushenko has (you cannot teach it), whereas Mao always reminds me of a fragile doe. Even moreso now with how emaciated she's gotten (even at the Olympics she didn't look like that).

But those spins are to die for (you know she's a pupil of the Satos by just one glimpse of her glorious spot on a dime spins!!!!). :cool: And her artistry has improved even tenfold. What a joy it is to watch her skate, seriously!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Can't wait to see this program skated to its full potential, hopefully at Worlds, complete with jumps, what a masterpiece it would be...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, my computer crashed during Kira's performance, but what I saw up until that point was lovely lovely lovely. :cool: :love: :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Nadine I was thinking Michelle Kwan-Salome when I saw Mao's costume. Beautifully skated program
to bad about her 3A. Mao's step sequence was gorgeous.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thee most unappealing unaesthetically women's skater I've ever seen (ten times worse than the French girl in this competition; moreso with the fake sexiness, bleh). :p :p :p :p

Don't give a fig about her jumps, just hate her style, everything! YUCK!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
UGH, pleeeease bring back Yuna Kim, just so I don't have to see this Russian gal. :p

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
SUZUKI!!!!!! That's her best SP performance ever, I think, and the best female SP performance of the year thus far.