Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST

Custom Title
    Mao skated like nobody else. Too bad about the Axel.

Custom Title
    Mao just keeps evolving. I couldn't have imagined Mao skating with such a theatrical style.
    Easily my favourite program after Kostner's SP.

Jumps :(
    Spins!
    Steps!!!!!

Custom Title
    OMG, I almost crying, when she first stepped out on the ice I thought I was seeing Michelle Kwan from the 1996 Worlds (except for the pants that is).

However, Michelle always had the tiger in the eye look, you knew she was going to nail, the same quality that Evgeni Plushenko has (you cannot teach it), whereas Mao always reminds me of a fragile doe. Even moreso now with how emaciated she's gotten (even at the Olympics she didn't look like that).

But those spins are to die for (you know she's a pupil of the Satos by just one glimpse of her glorious spot on a dime spins!!!!). And her artistry has improved even tenfold. What a joy it is to watch her skate, seriously!!!!

Can't wait to see this program skated to its full potential, hopefully at Worlds, complete with jumps, what a masterpiece it would be...

Custom Title
    Only 58.42 for Mao? So low.

Custom Title
    Darn, my computer crashed during Kira's performance, but what I saw up until that point was lovely lovely lovely.

Nadine I was thinking Michelle Kwan-Salome when I saw Mao's costume. Beautifully skated program
    to bad about her 3A. Mao's step sequence was gorgeous.

Custom Title
    Thee most unappealing unaesthetically women's skater I've ever seen (ten times worse than the French girl in this competition; moreso with the fake sexiness, bleh).

Don't give a fig about her jumps, just hate her style, everything! YUCK!!!!

Custom Title
    UGH, pleeeease bring back Yuna Kim, just so I don't have to see this Russian gal.

Custom Title
    I love akiko!!!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    SUZUKI!!!!!! That's her best SP performance ever, I think, and the best female SP performance of the year thus far.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Only 58.42 for Mao? So low.
    Did seem a touch low

Custom Title
    OMG Akiko!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    The Brits said the Russian is more artistic. Think Akiko might not beat the Russian.

WHAT!

Custom Title
    Not a fan of Akiko (though I am starting to warm up to her, but will never be a fan), however even I can see that she easily deserves 1st place.

Still, I soooo wish Yuna Kim would come back for Worlds (just like she did last year), but this year she can win it all without Miki Ando in the competition. I'd rather see her win any day over Alissa, Carolina, and Akiko. Just being honest is all. That is unless Mao can get her act together and land all her jumps, etc., but that's a big if, she still needs a couple more years with the Satos imho.

Custom Title
    Alena LEONOVA received higher PE and IE scores than Mao did. And her total PCS was merely 0.12 less than Mao's.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast