Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The Brits said the Russian is more artistic. Think Akiko might not beat the Russian.

WHAT!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not a fan of Akiko (though I am starting to warm up to her, but will never be a fan), however even I can see that she easily deserves 1st place. :)

Still, I soooo wish Yuna Kim would come back for Worlds (just like she did last year), but this year she can win it all without Miki Ando in the competition. I'd rather see her win any day over Alissa, Carolina, and Akiko. Just being honest is all. That is unless Mao can get her act together and land all her jumps, etc., but that's a big if, she still needs a couple more years with the Satos imho.

skatinginbc

Medalist
Alena LEONOVA received higher PE and IE scores than Mao did. And her total PCS was merely 0.12 less than Mao's.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Ok, they're setting up for Akiko to win World this year. I would be fine with her winning! Yay!!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
All right, she kicked Alena's a**, as it should be, I sincerely hope ALL the ladies in f.s. kick this wannabee down to the bottom of the barrel, starting with her countrywomen Adelina & Elizaveta (can't wait until they can go to Worlds)!!!!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SUZUKI!!!!!! That's her best SP performance ever, I think, and the best female SP performance of the year thus far.

Yeah, she's got the highest score now on the GP for a ladies' SP so far this season! Great for you, Akiko! I :love: her; she's always a joy to watch! :biggrin:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I just want to know what those Brits are on when they said Alena is more artistic. I don't get British humor. :D

evangeline

Record Breaker
Alena LEONOVA received higher PE and IE scores than Mao did. And her total PCS was merely 0.12 less than Mao's.

Looks like the judges are still eating up Morozov's tacky choreography. I'd deduct a couple points off just for that step sequence alone :disapp:

Akiko was absolutely amazing. And to be honest, I'd probably have her even higher on PCS especially considering what some other skaters received. That gold medal is hers to lose tomorrow.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I just want to know what those Brits are on when they said Alena is more artistic. I don't get British humor. :D

I thought exactly the same thing :laugh:
I still think Mao is on the right track and we all know she is peaking later in the season. She skated really well despite the mistake

Nadine

Record Breaker
Except for the gorgeous poetic fragile doe, Mao (& Ashley Wagner), this competition was bleh imho.

But all GPs are really, they don't matter on the big picture, nor when it comes to history. Only Euros, Worlds, and the Olympics, as it should be.

Still, it is a great opportunity to get their programs out there, get feedback from the judges/fans/audience/et al, and hopefully earn a medal or two to advance their stock.

That said, good luck to Mao at COR! :love: Oops, and the FS here, of course. :)

Okami

On the Ice
Ok, they're setting up for Akiko to win World this year.

I think it's mostly Akiko that's setting herself up for the win. Not many ladies manage to land a 3-3 for the 1st time at the age of 26, especially after not competing for a few seasons due to illness. And there are few skaters who can skate with such joy and freedom.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations Akiko! Brilliant! Was this Akiko's first 3x3 combo?
Well deserved first place.

Alena's jumps were on today. I am not crazy about her program but imo she
did a good job selling that program.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Ok, they're setting up for Akiko to win World this year. I would be fine with her winning! Yay!!!!!
I don't think they're setting up anything. Akiko was the best out there.
Yes, the only person setting Akiko up is Akiko herself, by skating beautifully. And I hope she does well - a Worlds podium with three ladies in their mid-twenties (Akiko, Caro and Alissa) would be fabulous.