Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST

chloepoco

Medalist
They dont like uploading performances on Youtube because NHK official site has all of them with good quality.
http://www.nhk.or.jp/figure2/

No, I understand that NHK won't allow the videos being uploaded due to copyright laws. What I meant was I don't understand why the poster would say that she would "stop being a fan of Japanese ladies and cheer on everybody but the Japanese" because NHK is blocking the videos. No correlation there.

Oh, but that's her prerogative, so, oh well. I just don't get it.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yey for Akiko!! Oh, I hope she keeps it up in the long. I just loved her program and her reaction at the end and the way she got the crowd going, everything. Finally, she gets a score she deserves. how great was it to see her land a 3-3? (And nice to see her land her jumps, as that has been her problem in the past too, to be fair.)

I was too busy noticing how pretty Mao's costume was to notice how skinny she is but now that people mention it seems true. Still, I didn't think she looked as tense as some people say. I thought her smile was genuine and she looked relaxed in the end even though the program wasn't perfect. Too bad about the singled axel but the program was lovely, I think. I hope she grows into it more and gets into the character. Her costume makes her stand out from the rest - in a good way - and then, of course, the overall quality of her skating lives up to that. It was wonderful to watch her again. I think the long will be a truer test of her stamina and where her jumps are at right now. I am totally rooting for her as always.

Alena has grown on me. At least you know she's going to do something different and weird and ... why not? As usual, I'm torn between hating and liking her program but at least I have fun watching it. Her jumps looked huge and fast in the air. Good for her.

The rest of the crowd did as I would have pretty much expected... except I wish Agnes had done a little better. But it's early in the season for her. I think it's a matter of concentration and nerves for Agnes. When she puts together two clean programs at a senior event then we'll be able to really see how competitive she is with the rest. It's sort of a question mark right now.

Last edited:

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
No, I understand that NHK won't allow the videos being uploaded due to copyright laws. What I meant was I don't understand why the poster would say that she would "stop being a fan of Japanese ladies and cheer on everybody but the Japanese" because NHK is blocking the videos. No correlation there.
Oh no... Seems like I made error on quotation. I just want to tell katia where she/he can watch performances.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but a judge gave Leonova:
8.75 SS, 9.00 TR (transitions are non-existent in Morosov choreo), 9.25 PE, 9.00 CH. 9.00 IN

Most judges didn't even give the top 3 medalists at the Olympics this high of a score, much less in the short program...

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but a judge gave Leonova:
8.75 SS, 9.00 TR (transitions are non-existent in Morosov choreo), 9.25 PE, 9.00 CH. 9.00 IN

Most judges didn't even give the top 3 medalists at the Olympics this high of a score, much less in the short program...

Obviously a Russian judge was on the panel.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai needs to watch someone like Akkiko to see someone who actually performs her program and doesn't skate through the music. Heck Suzuki even landed a 3-3 combo for the first time ever at age 26 which is almost unheard of. I'm tired of watching Mirai just go thought the motions with no energy or heart. I don't think any coach can help her at this point she needs to help herself.

Last edited:

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
The top3 looks good to me.
Akiko was perfect,even I'll worry for her later season like National or Championship.Both of hers are ones of my favorites this seasom.
Elena looked in good shape,too. She needs polish her SS compered with other top skaters in my opinion.
Mao kicks off the season with good start for a "slow starter". Shame on the popped axel,this programs has potential to be another master piece for her.
Can't wait her FP with minor change.

Looking forward to see many many nice FP.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Another option is to use this link; for the time being, at least, they have a replay of the ladies' SPs. Akiko is around the 72 minute mark.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Akiko was terrific. Like her SP a lot and love her LP. She now more than any other female skater really pulls me in with her performance.
Great on tech too. When she skates clean she is magical.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have only seen Akiko's and Mao's programs. Akiko has the energy and her 3-3 was very impressive, but I liked Mao's program better. Too bad about the axel, but everything else was very good. I hope she can skate it to perfection by the time she gets to World's. (I also like the costume--so reminiscent of Michelle's Salome costume).

prettykeys

Medalist
I've only seen Akiko's and Mao's SPs, too. The Russian link Buttercup gave didn't work for me. :cry:

Akiko's SP is the best from the ladies' I've seen this season, and one of the best I've seen in the past couple seasons. I kinda teared up a little seeing how overjoyed she was at the end, hopping in elation.

I'm not tooooo crazy about Mao's SP, the music and costume don't quite work for me, but it was nice to see her looking happy and relaxed. She does look to have improved her speed, and her skating skills remain clearly superior to the rest of the field even without doing a side-by-side comparison.

I want to see Alena's SP, but I guess I will have to wait until a viable link for me surfaces.

chloepoco

Medalist
I have only seen Akiko's and Mao's programs too.

Loved Akiko's program; so, so happy for her.

I wish Mao would use someone else to choreograph her programs; I thought her "Egyptian" hand movements were a little too distracting and took away from her skating. But, I'm glad she did as well as she did.

katia

On the Ice
ayayukiituka
Uh, sorry, for what I said. I was mad and just, well......
Unfortunately I am geoblocked on the site you posted.

But thanks to 'prettykeys' I could see Akiko's program. It was a wonderful skate.

skateflower

Match Penalty
I just want to know what those Brits are on when they said Alena is more artistic. I don't get British humor. :D
They're generally pretty good but do make some stupid comments from time to time. At CoC, Simon(?) believed Kexin Zhang from China would become a world champion one day.
Alena was low balled in her FP at SC. I think she's getting better artistically but let's be honest she's far behind Suzuki and Mao.

I can't find youtube links...

Last edited: