Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katia View Post
    Well
    I just wanted to see the Phaneuf/Suzuki and others on Youtube and got following:
    "ISU GP NHK Trophy - XXXXX - SP"
    This video contains content from NHK, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

I think I will stop being a fan of Japanese ladies and start cheering up everybody else but Japanese.
    I'm not getting the rationale on this....what does NHK blocking videos for all the skaters have to do with this?

skating philosopher
    Akiko!! YAY. So excited for her. As always she sold the program, but she had the tech elements to boot. If you remember, her 2009-2010 layout was (3F-2T, 3L, 2A = 15 BV) This year it's (3T-3T, 3Z, 2A =17.5). And not a single negative GOE ANYWHERE. Also I appreciate her working on flutz too. That lutz clearly was on the outside edge today. =)

I like Mao's program and I think it's well choregoraphed and the music cuts work well, esp. considering it's an overplayed piece. She would have been in second if she just did the 2A. That is what made up a majority of Alena's lead.

Still don't like Alena's program, but I do admit she can sell the judges pretty well, which probably helped her here.

Probably would've switched Elene and Ashley. Ashley was smart not to not include her flutz as she scored better here; I said she has an outside chance for a medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I'm not getting the rationale on this....what does NHK blocking videos for all the skaters have to do with this?
    They dont like uploading performances on Youtube because NHK official site has all of them with good quality.
    http://www.nhk.or.jp/figure2/

Custom Title
    I am so happy for Akiko too, and her coach!

Custom Title
    Leonova has really come a long way. It is just too bad she doesnt seem to have her old consistency to go with her artistic improvements.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    They dont like uploading performances on Youtube because NHK official site has all of them with good quality.
    No, I understand that NHK won't allow the videos being uploaded due to copyright laws. What I meant was I don't understand why the poster would say that she would "stop being a fan of Japanese ladies and cheer on everybody but the Japanese" because NHK is blocking the videos. No correlation there.

Oh, but that's her prerogative, so, oh well. I just don't get it.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Yey for Akiko!! Oh, I hope she keeps it up in the long. I just loved her program and her reaction at the end and the way she got the crowd going, everything. Finally, she gets a score she deserves. how great was it to see her land a 3-3? (And nice to see her land her jumps, as that has been her problem in the past too, to be fair.)

I was too busy noticing how pretty Mao's costume was to notice how skinny she is but now that people mention it seems true. Still, I didn't think she looked as tense as some people say. I thought her smile was genuine and she looked relaxed in the end even though the program wasn't perfect. Too bad about the singled axel but the program was lovely, I think. I hope she grows into it more and gets into the character. Her costume makes her stand out from the rest - in a good way - and then, of course, the overall quality of her skating lives up to that. It was wonderful to watch her again. I think the long will be a truer test of her stamina and where her jumps are at right now. I am totally rooting for her as always.

Alena has grown on me. At least you know she's going to do something different and weird and ... why not? As usual, I'm torn between hating and liking her program but at least I have fun watching it. Her jumps looked huge and fast in the air. Good for her.

The rest of the crowd did as I would have pretty much expected... except I wish Agnes had done a little better. But it's early in the season for her. I think it's a matter of concentration and nerves for Agnes. When she puts together two clean programs at a senior event then we'll be able to really see how competitive she is with the rest. It's sort of a question mark right now.
    Last edited by Layfan; 11-11-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    I think it's geoblocked, because I can't access the videos at all, (it says "Access Denied")

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    No, I understand that NHK won't allow the videos being uploaded due to copyright laws. What I meant was I don't understand why the poster would say that she would "stop being a fan of Japanese ladies and cheer on everybody but the Japanese" because NHK is blocking the videos. No correlation there.
    Oh no... Seems like I made error on quotation. I just want to tell katia where she/he can watch performances.

Custom Title
    I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but a judge gave Leonova:
    8.75 SS, 9.00 TR (transitions are non-existent in Morosov choreo), 9.25 PE, 9.00 CH. 9.00 IN

Most judges didn't even give the top 3 medalists at the Olympics this high of a score, much less in the short program...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but a judge gave Leonova:
    8.75 SS, 9.00 TR (transitions are non-existent in Morosov choreo), 9.25 PE, 9.00 CH. 9.00 IN

Most judges didn't even give the top 3 medalists at the Olympics this high of a score, much less in the short program...
    Obviously a Russian judge was on the panel.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Obviously a Russian judge was on the panel.
    Maybe it was her mother.

Custom Title
    Mao got negative GOE on her triple loop. What was wrong with it?

Custom Title
    Mirai needs to watch someone like Akkiko to see someone who actually performs her program and doesn't skate through the music. Heck Suzuki even landed a 3-3 combo for the first time ever at age 26 which is almost unheard of. I'm tired of watching Mirai just go thought the motions with no energy or heart. I don't think any coach can help her at this point she needs to help herself.
    Last edited by Jammers; 11-11-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Custom Title
    The top3 looks good to me.
    Akiko was perfect,even I'll worry for her later season like National or Championship.Both of hers are ones of my favorites this seasom.
    Elena looked in good shape,too. She needs polish her SS compered with other top skaters in my opinion.
    Mao kicks off the season with good start for a "slow starter". Shame on the popped axel,this programs has potential to be another master piece for her.
    Can't wait her FP with minor change.

Looking forward to see many many nice FP.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast