Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST

Custom Title

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Yay!!!! Thank you so much. Now, that link is blocked in my country (may be for some of you others)...but if you use this it should work.

https://www.vidproxy.com/

Just put the youtube link in the bottom and GO!

Another option is to use this link; for the time being, at least, they have a replay of the ladies' SPs. Akiko is around the 72 minute mark.

Custom Title
    Akiko was terrific. Like her SP a lot and love her LP. She now more than any other female skater really pulls me in with her performance.
    Great on tech too. When she skates clean she is magical.

Custom Title
    I have only seen Akiko's and Mao's programs. Akiko has the energy and her 3-3 was very impressive, but I liked Mao's program better. Too bad about the axel, but everything else was very good. I hope she can skate it to perfection by the time she gets to World's. (I also like the costume--so reminiscent of Michelle's Salome costume).

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    I've only seen Akiko's and Mao's SPs, too. The Russian link Buttercup gave didn't work for me.

Akiko's SP is the best from the ladies' I've seen this season, and one of the best I've seen in the past couple seasons. I kinda teared up a little seeing how overjoyed she was at the end, hopping in elation.

I'm not tooooo crazy about Mao's SP, the music and costume don't quite work for me, but it was nice to see her looking happy and relaxed. She does look to have improved her speed, and her skating skills remain clearly superior to the rest of the field even without doing a side-by-side comparison.

I want to see Alena's SP, but I guess I will have to wait until a viable link for me surfaces.

Custom Title
    I have only seen Akiko's and Mao's programs too.

Loved Akiko's program; so, so happy for her.

I wish Mao would use someone else to choreograph her programs; I thought her "Egyptian" hand movements were a little too distracting and took away from her skating. But, I'm glad she did as well as she did.

Custom Title
    ayayukiituka
    Uh, sorry, for what I said. I was mad and just, well......
    Unfortunately I am geoblocked on the site you posted.

But thanks to 'prettykeys' I could see Akiko's program. It was a wonderful skate.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I only watched Mao by now and i have missed her a lot!Liked the program!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I just want to know what those Brits are on when they said Alena is more artistic. I don't get British humor. :D
    They're generally pretty good but do make some stupid comments from time to time. At CoC, Simon(?) believed Kexin Zhang from China would become a world champion one day.
    Alena was low balled in her FP at SC. I think she's getting better artistically but let's be honest she's far behind Suzuki and Mao.

I can't find youtube links...
    Last edited by skateflower; 11-11-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    They're generally pretty good but do make some stupid comments from time to time. At CoC, Simon(?) believed Kexin Zhang from China would become a world champion one day.
    Alena was low balled in her FP at SC. I think she's getting better artistically but let's be honest she's far behind Suzuki and Mao.

I can't find youtube links...
    I agree that from time to time they do make some silly mistakes/say some odd things but what commentators don't? How is saying that a new up and coming skater who had an impressive debut could become a world champion "stupid"? She very well could be, we never know!

NHK has blocked all the Youtube videos aside from Universal Sports which has rights to it... They have the videos up on the NHK website but it's geoblocked too... :sheesh:

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Yay!!!! Thank you so much. Now, that link is blocked in my country (may be for some of you others)...but if you use this it should work.

https://www.vidproxy.com/

Just put the youtube link in the bottom and GO!
    Prettykeys, you are a geo-un-blocking rock star!

Akiko was a breath of fresh air simply for landing her jumps! And yes, she skates with a lightness and joy that is lovely to see... If she wants to blow me away, I'd love to see her hold that look of joy going into the jumps (rather than suddenly becoming all business-like and doom-struck) so they can also be incorporated into the overall lightness and brightness of her program. And jazz up that step sequence... I'm no choreographer, but I just want to see more! Also, kind of love her costume!

As for Mao, so much that was so gorgeous. Those spins! That step sequence! Wow, Mao, Wow! Do anything other than a single on that jumping pass and everyone would be raaaaaaaaaving about Mao right now! Then again, I'll join the bandwagon worried about her weight... That costume in particular really accentuates her thin build. To do what she does, she must be all muscle or all mind-over-matter is all I can say because just looking at her I wouldn't think "athlete".

Gotta comment on my Canadian... awww Cynthia... I get the sense she's going through a lot of ongoing mental battles... and there's just not a lot of depth in Canadian ladies. In a way, I think it's kind of awesome for all Canadian boys looking for an alternative to hockey that figure skating became a men-dominated sport (at the elite level) here, but seriously, wishing some of the awesomeness would rub off on the ladies!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iriseyes View Post
    Prettykeys, you are a geo-un-blocking rock star!

As for Mao, so much that was so gorgeous. Those spins! That step sequence! Wow, Mao, Wow! Do anything other than a single on that jumping pass and everyone would be raaaaaaaaaving about Mao right now! Then again, I'll join the bandwagon worried about her weight... That costume in particular really accentuates her thin build. To do what she does, she must be all muscle or all mind-over-matter is all I can say because just looking at her I wouldn't think "athlete".

!
    That geo-un-blocking site is awesome. But how can I find the youtube links to other skaters on Universal Sports?

The music of Mao's program is bizarre. She skates through the music as background as usual. I do find she's faster and more confident than last season though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I agree that from time to time they do make some silly mistakes/say some odd things but what commentators don't? How is saying that a new up and coming skater who had an impressive debut could become a world champion "stupid"? She very well could be, we never know!

:
    I like Zhang's jumps and raw power. But her skating skills are very raw and her programs have absolutely no choreography. Potential for top 10 in the world down the road, maybe. But world champion, no way...

Tripping on the Podium
    I think what he said was that "if China was to have a ladies world champion in the near future, it would be this one," meaning Kexin. And I think by near future, he meant, 6 years or so. That's the sense I got from him.

I will say it is FAR easier to add the missing pieces that her programs are lacking than it is to add the jumps.

But...we are at NHK now

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast