Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST

Custom Title
    Sorry being patriotic now, but we still have the best dancers, Torvill and Dean, I thank you!!

Custom Title
    Back to the skating well done Akiko

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Columns.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Sorry being patriotic now, but we still have the best dancers, Torvill and Dean, I thank you!!
    Hey, don't forget you also have an INCREDIBLE history in men's skating with John Curry and Robin Cousins, two of the very finest male skaters ever!

Akiko is truly for me one of the best skaters ever! Her passion and love for the sport is simply incredible. Her lightness, dance ability, exuberance and beauty shines and is felt by everyone. She is the only skater to have this effect on me after Michelle Kwan. She is simply incredible and is a wonderful inspiration.

I hope she would become a world champion, national champion, 4 continents champion and gpf champion. She will face incredible challenge from Alissa, Carolina, Mao, Adelina and Elizaveta but she is for me exquisite.

I love Mao, she has become a glorious performer now and has more connection and feel to the music. One of the best ever!

Akiko joins this amazing list of my most loved female skaters together with Janet Lynn and Michelle Kwan!

Custom Title
    Love Mao's SP. Very Charming, well choreographed, well chosen cuts/arrangement, and I love what she can do with a COP step sequence. Her and perhaps Kostner have a unique ability in this element, where they look like they are actually in control of the thing and actually expressing music. Should probably add Akiko too (almost forgot her because the music choice for the steps in this particular SP is a little dull). Mao infuses a lighness and all that twizzly goodness

Don't quite enjoy this program from Akiko's on the same level, though the begnning looked promising (and nice dress!).

♥ My Mirai's Golden Pond ♥ Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    They dont like uploading performances on Youtube because NHK official site has all of them with good quality.
    http://www.nhk.or.jp/figure2/
    "Access Denied:
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I think it's geoblocked, because I can't access the videos at all, (it says "Access Denied")
    Time for hidemyass.com:

http://hidemyass.com/proxy-list/

Custom Title
    Loved Akiko's ebulliance and her skate. If that wasn't enough, Mr. Sato's joy and pride always brings a huge grin to my face.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    ... Mr. Sato's joy and pride always brings a huge grin to my face.
    You mean Mr. Nagakubo?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    That's true. But a year or two ago, even when she skated like this (and she did a few times, at CoC, at the GPF where Kim and Miki vaulted pass her with crap programs), the judges would still give her second tier PCS and keep her down. This year, she's getting her due. That's what I meant.
    I think Akiko has improved quite a bit. She had passion and power before, but was a bit wild and rough. Now she's more refined and more in control while still keeps the passion and power. That might be why the PCS goes up. I started to love her this year for sure.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    You mean Mr. Nagakubo?
    Yes. Whoops, sorry and thank you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    "Access Denied:

Time for hidemyass.com:

http://hidemyass.com/proxy-list/

I don't think it's working? :(

Custom Title
    I watched Mao's program again and I have to say, I really love it. I think it's her best short program since her Nocturne program several years ago. I especially love the footwork section. It is so light and goes so well to the music. The cut and performance of Scheherezade is really different from what has been used (overused?) before. I really like it. I think Mao was underscored. Her axel was dinged not only for being only a single but got negative GOE, even though it was a pretty good single axel--another weird quirk in COP scoring. I also don't know why she was given negative GOE on her loop. And how does Mao get a PCS that is only .12 point above Alena Leonova? OK-I'll admit I haven't seen Alena's program, but unless she has really improved, I can't see her being so close to Mao on skating skills, choreo, intepretation, etc. It still wouldn't bring her that much closer to Akiko, but it would probably put her in second place.

Custom Title
    jenaj, the axel in the SP must be a double or triple. A single axel is automatically -3. Any missed required element in the SP automatically gets a -3 - a solo double/single (as opposed to a triple), a 2-2 as opposed to a 3-2 or 2-3, not putting in a combo, and the axel.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast