Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Ladies Short Program 11/11/11 5:15 AM EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    jenaj, the axel in the SP must be a double or triple. A single axel is automatically -3. Any missed required element in the SP automatically gets a -3 - a solo double/single (as opposed to a triple), a 2-2 as opposed to a 3-2 or 2-3, not putting in a combo, and the axel.
    Sorry! I didn't know that. I guess I should have remembered it was the short program with required elements. Is the rule the same in the long program?

Custom Title
    Yes, there needs to be a double axel by itself in the long program.

I remember last year, Mirai fell down on a planned combination or something. Then, in panic, she started adding double toe jumps to everything. She even tacked on a double toe to a double axel. This of course, broke the rule, and the combination didn't count. If she had only done a single double axel, she would've gotten a bronze at Cup of China.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    Yes, there needs to be a double axel by itself in the long program.

I remember last year, Mirai fell down on a planned combination or something. Then, in panic, she started adding double toe jumps to everything. She even tacked on a double toe to a double axel. This of course, broke the rule, and the combination didn't count. If she had only done a single double axel, she would've gotten a bronze at Cup of China.
    No, there doesn't need to be a double axel by itself in the LP. Akiko Suzuki doesn't do a double axel by itself. There just needs to be one.

Mirai got the 2A-2T discounted because she did a 3Lz combo, a 3Lo combo, and did two 3F without a combo, so got a +SEQ mark. The SEQ mark counts as a combination, so when she did 2A-2T, that counted as her 4th combination and it was voided.

LP requirement is only an "Axel type jump" must be included somewhere. It can be a single or higher and 1 ft axel if you can...
    burnt is right.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9