Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST

herios

Medalist
Seriously, Jeremy announced his program during the summer and said he would be training with West Coast swing champions Benji Schwimmer and his father, Buddy. That could have been before Javier and Tomas (and Reynolds -- yes, he was the other one I remember noticing and enjoying this season) came up with their program ideas. If it wasn't then, wow, that's something everyone coming up with the same idea to do swing programs independently in the same season. Enjoying them all, so again, what's the problem with voicing what I observe?
OK then, if it makes you feel happy

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Verner did 3 Triple Flips. I don't get it. Was it because of the scary fall and he got confused?

emma

Record Breaker
lost track of time and missed the first few - but nice job by Miner. He has so many buttle-like qualities. Like him a lot!

emma

Record Breaker
Buttle... including the predilection for the butt spin. Not the best way to end a program, IMHO.
I hear you and I know a lot of people hate that spin; but at least Miner, Buttle, and Sandhu did/do it well....anyway, I was thinking about the spread eagles, the carriage, the "affect" or personality, and a lot of high quality footwork/edge work - I think Miner has lots of room to grow, but he reminds me of Buttle in many ways.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Seriously, Jeremy announced his program during the summer and said he would be training with West Coast swing champions Benji Schwimmer and his father, Buddy. That could have been before Javier and Tomas (and Reynolds -- yes, he was the other one I remember noticing and enjoying this season) came up with their program ideas. If it wasn't then, wow, that's something everyone coming up with the same idea to do swing programs independently in the same season. Enjoying them all, so again, what's the problem with voicing what I observe?

You've awoken my curiosity, so I did some research. Do you know when exactly did Jeremy first announce his programs? The earliest article I could find was from IceNetwork (can't link to it) in July, while Tomas announced his choice of Sing, Sing, Sing in May (run this article through Google Translate: http://others.sport-express.ru/reviews/13618/). Not sure about Kevin or Javier, though....

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Since people are talking about similarities between programs, I think Verner and Contesti could have had a discussion beforehand ;). jk.

auser

Record Breaker
I liked Verner's program in general. The footwork part was highly entertaining, and will get better as the season goes on. However, he wins the award for most awkward falls in a competition - flat on his back during footwork in the SP, into the splits on the 3A a minute ago, and another fall on the footwork after hamming it up. lol.
Yeah, that fall in splits was scary looking, I was glad he recovered quickly. Thought the footwork showed a lot of flair.

Art&Sport

Medalist
I hear you and I know a lot of people hate that spin; but at least Miner, Buttle, and Sandhu did/do it well....anyway, I was thinking about the spread eagles, the carriage, the "affect" or personality, and a lot of high quality footwork/edge work - I think Miner has lots of room to grow, but he reminds me of Buttle in many ways.

Ross doesn't really remind me of Buttle at all. I do enjoy watching Ross and look forward to seeing him continue to improve. Love this program for him.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Since people are talking about similarities between programs, I think Verner and Contesti could have had a discussion beforehand ;). jk.

Maybe re their costumes, perhaps? BTW, I think it was definitely Verner's 2009 rockin' exhibition to Michael Jackson tunes that inspired Amodio's Morozov-choreographed take (which was unfortunately rather horrid).

Influence aside, I think Contesti pulls his suspenders much better than Jeremy does. What was great about his program was the way he performed it, staying in character throughout and pulling in the audience while landing the jumps. Very enjoyable.

Poor Matshita. A very talented skater in his first GP, but he made the FP seem very long.

Homologate, LOL.

herios

Medalist
Ross doesn't really remind me of Buttle at all. I do enjoy watching Ross and look forward to seeing him continue to improve. Love this program for him.

You see, we can be on the same page somewhere, because I haven't seen much Buttle at all in Miner's program. Ross lacked trasitions big time.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm not going to bother watching Machida, I never enjoy him and it looks like he didn't skate very well from his score..