Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
You see, we can be on the same page somewhere, because I haven't seen much Buttle at all in Miner's program. Ross lacked trasitions big time.

I don't see Buttle in Ross skating at all. Buttle has so much originality and so many exquisit movements. I've seen Ross skating many times. In the end, all I can remember was his soft and beautiful strokes, lots of them. I agree that Ross is very much lack of transitions.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yay! Happy for Ross medaling here -- surely he will get the bronze. That's testament to skating your program and letting the chips fall where they may.

What Ross has in spades is good quality skating. There's time for him to mature and develop more presentation skills and transitions. But I'd rather see good skating, great music, than a rink load of transitions thrown in just for the marks. They need to have meaning and be expressive to the music, a la Jeremy Abbott's and Matt Savoie's and Jeffrey Buttle's programs.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Contesti makes as many stops as Amdio to pose and clown, on top of sloooow skating. His is more of a show program.

lavender

Record Breaker
Ross doesn't really remind me of Buttle at all. I do enjoy watching Ross and look forward to seeing him continue to improve. Love this program for him.

I agree. Doesn't come close for me to Buttle but I do enjoy his skating most of the time.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, just got back home and discovered I missed almost the entire Mens FS. :(

Ah well, it looks like I'll get to see Daisuke Takahashi skate at least! :love:

Then I'll read through the thread and find out what happened to everybody. :)

Morning Glory

On the Ice
The opening 4T was 2 footed, and he popped 1 jump, but others were good! This music is really beautiful.

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: and hopefully IN will have the replays up tonight before I head to bed, so I can watch them all. :)

FTnoona

Final Flight
Ouch just by looking at the scores w/out videos, the competition seems to be the worse for the men's this season.

FTnoona

Final Flight
I think some people pay for the commentary. I just watch it off youtube b/c I am cheap that way xD