Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am

skateflower

Match Penalty
Looks like quad is becoming a must for male skaters these days, which is a step into the right direction.

burntBREAD

Medalist
This British Eurosport commentator needs his partner! He just said that Ross Miner would lose points on his combo because he didn't have steps going into it...maybe he needs to read the rulebook because he seems a bit confused at times..

thumbyskates

Rinkside
This British Eurosport commentator needs his partner! He just said that Ross Miner would lose points on his combo because he didn't have steps going into it...maybe he needs to read the rulebook because he seems a bit confused at times..

I also enjoyed the "You can tell he's American - see a camera, smile at it." Bahaha.

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOW, great performance by Miner, he may not have the big jumps like the quad but everything else was exceptional, the steps, speed on the spins (just like Armin's, both spin very fast on a dime; not just the Sato pupils).

But my first thought when he stepped out on the ice was Mr. Las Vegas himself, Wayne Newton (lol my mom went to go see him in concert one time, her fav). :biggrin:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Miner's basic skating is so vastly superior to the two skaters before him, it's a breath of fresh air and quite frankly, a relief.

His SS is tied with Menshov, give me a break.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
71.12. I think that's a new personal best?

ETA: Yes, yes it is!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
He also doesn't know about the "new" underrotation rules..

He also doesn't know about the fall rule.
He said Adelina executed the 3Lutz in the SP fine. She fell, so she would get a -1 deduction, but her lutz was perfect.
The other guy was like, no, she got a -3 GOE for that element because she fell.

This guy is hopeless.

burntBREAD

Medalist
He also doesn't know about the fall rule.
He said Adelina executed the 3Lutz in the SP fine. She fell, so she would get a -1 deduction, but her lutz was perfect.
The other guy was like, no, she got a -3 GOE for that element because she fell.

This guy is hopeless.

I don't think it's the same person? Because that guy you referred to in China had a FAR deeper voice.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice performance by the young Japanese guy, just the odd fall on a spin, but everything else very fine, which makes me wonder where he will be placed (btw imho Ross Miner's performance was better). :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatsuki Machida (JPN)

Music: Dark Eyes (Russian Folk music)

3A - nice
3F+3T
CCSp
CCoSp
3Lz
FSSp - falls on entrance, too bad
CiSt - nice energy

Nice program - shame about the fall

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Macieda had very nice jumps but yeah Miner's overall program was better, me thinks. I think he'll get zero points for the spin.

ETA: Hm. Guess he got some points for that spin. ;)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Well Machida's certainly come out of his shell. Great speed. Hope he gets some accurate PCS, which should be high.

And he does! Judges may not be totally blind after all. The highest PCS so far, and rightly so.

Last edited: