Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Davis and White, Virtue and Moir got 9.5, 9.6 etc.. on their component scores for PE, IN, CH.
Dai definitely was lowballed here. How did this performance have any less impact compare to these two teams. His PE,IN,CH are 9 and below. Goodness. Should be 10.

ntl

Rinkside
OK, so the judges went a little GOE happy, but personally I think Dai's PCS should be even higher. I'll take that performance over all the quads in the world any day.

skatinginbc

Medalist
Way too much. It's totally ridiculous. Dark days of quadlessness could loom with with scores like that.

How strange, I see it differently. I thought it was a testimony to the old saying: "It's a skating competition, not jumping."

gmyers

Record Breaker
OK, so the judges went a little GOE happy, but personally I think Dai's PCS should be even higher. I'll take that performance over all the quads in the world any day.

So would skaters and that's why quads started to vanish!! Only 3 points lower from Chan at 2011 worlds!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Per Mrs. P tradition (can I call it that?) the protocal breakdown:

Jumps:
Konstantin: 31.56
Daisuke: 29.04
Brandon: 27.96
Tatsuki: 27.34
Taka: 25.27
Ross: 24.27
Tomas: 22.21
Armin: 20.30
Samuel: 16.60

Non-Jump Elements:
Daisuke: 17.10
Taka: 15.61
Ross: 14.60
Konstantin: 13.68
Samuel: 13.62
Armin: 13.30
Brandon: 12.80
Tatsuki: 11.39 (obviously zero points for the spin)
Tomas: 6.89 :disapp:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Takahashi and Kozuka have almost identical BV (0.1 difference) but Takahashi received massive GOE, scoring over 5 points in both TES and PCS over Kozuka.

Mroz has the highest BV but his TES is actually lower than Menshov but a higher PCS put him just 0.16 total over Menshov. Methinks Menshov wuzrobbed.

gmyers

Record Breaker
How strange, I see it differently. I thought it was a testimony to the old saying: "It's a skating competition, not jumping."

Well I don't want to get too worried about it because it is Takahashi in Japan but skating like that shouldn't make jump regression ok or insanely inflated scores ok.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
So would skaters and that's why quads started to vanish!! Only 3 points lower from Chan at 2011 worlds!

and? I'm already looking forward to seeing this program again on youtube and on TV tomorrow. I haven't seen Chan's SP at 2011 world since 2011 world.

gmyers

Record Breaker
and? I'm already looking forward to seeing this program again on youtube and on TV tomorrow. I haven't seen Chan's SP at 2011 world since 2011 world.

I'm probably going to sit through it once more but not again because the score is insane!

genki

On the Ice
Holy crap, 90.43 for Daisuke!!! Judges obviously throwing themselves at his feet.

Well, I guess, it is more like they fell in love with him.

Oh, Nadine, Nadine. I completely agree with you. " He radiates sexuality." Yes, exactly. and I also remember your mention of Elvis too.
Well done. You have such an excellent way of words.

BTW, just to let you know, that Dai has already received "red G string" from a fan according to him:laugh:

Anyway, I guess ballet lesson is definitely paying off. His posture has much improved and he looked like a black swan during the donut's spin with arm up.
I just can not believe that the man can skate this beautifully and still maintain manness.I am so excited with this performance that my hear is still skipping the beat.

OK, I got to go to you tube and see it again and again and again......

Nadine

Record Breaker
gmyers, I say this with all sincereity, don't worry about it, it's not the Olympics. I too am a huge proponent of the quad, always have been, it won't go away, in fact its value has gone up since the 2010 Olympics.

Rather, just enjoy this beautiful wonderful memorable moment in honor of Mr. Daisuke Takahashi and his phenomenal skating, or at least try to even if you're not a fan (I am btw :) ).

Now onto the Ladies! :eek:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
In term of performance, I don't think anyone ever come close to this.
His jumps today are very nice and secure. Maybe take 2-3 points away from the GOE, but PCS should go up by 3-4 points. I would give him higher score than what he got.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
i think for me, it definitely measures up. His SP at the Olympics was very very good, but it makes sense that this program would surpass it.