Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am

Custom Title
    Holy crap, 90.43 for Daisuke!!! Judges obviously throwing themselves at his feet.
    Well, I guess, it is more like they fell in love with him.

Oh, Nadine, Nadine. I completely agree with you. " He radiates sexuality." Yes, exactly. and I also remember your mention of Elvis too.
    Well done. You have such an excellent way of words.

BTW, just to let you know, that Dai has already received "red G string" from a fan according to him

Anyway, I guess ballet lesson is definitely paying off. His posture has much improved and he looked like a black swan during the donut's spin with arm up.
    I just can not believe that the man can skate this beautifully and still maintain manness.I am so excited with this performance that my hear is still skipping the beat.

OK, I got to go to you tube and see it again and again and again......

Custom Title
    Let's forget the scores for once and just enjoy the beautiful art he painted on ice.

Custom Title
    gmyers, I say this with all sincereity, don't worry about it, it's not the Olympics. I too am a huge proponent of the quad, always have been, it won't go away, in fact its value has gone up since the 2010 Olympics.

Rather, just enjoy this beautiful wonderful memorable moment in honor of Mr. Daisuke Takahashi and his phenomenal skating, or at least try to even if you're not a fan (I am btw ).

Now onto the Ladies!

Custom Title
    In term of performance, I don't think anyone ever come close to this.
    His jumps today are very nice and secure. Maybe take 2-3 points away from the GOE, but PCS should go up by 3-4 points. I would give him higher score than what he got.

i think for me, it definitely measures up. His SP at the Olympics was very very good, but it makes sense that this program would surpass it.

Is Dai's SP up on youtube? I can't find it.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    These results don't discourage skaters from doing quads. Rather, they encourage skaters to skate with the command and artistry Daisuke Takahashi showed. A message somewhat weakened by Brandon Mroz's inexplicably high PCS. Not having a quad may not hurt your PCS, but having one can definitely inflate it past all sense.
    Last edited by Serious Business; 11-12-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Custom Title
    ^^ ITA, Serious Business.

I think Ross is a much better skater than Menshov and Mroz, and for this comp, very close to Machida, tho' I agree with slightly higher PCS for Machida. I don't care that Mroz can land a quad lutz. So what? I'd have scored it:

Dai, Kozuka, Machida, Miner, Menshov, Mroz, Mahbahnoozadeh, Contesti, Verner.

But even Armin has better ss than Menshov and Mroz -- Armin just needs more experience and maturity.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Is Dai's SP up on youtube? I can't find it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyPPnIGExtM&sns=fb

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    But even Armin has better ss than Menshov and Mroz -- Armin just needs more experience and maturity.
    You're selling Menshov a bit short. He gives an impression of being out of control, but it's not really true. He is extremely fast and his edges are acceptable. I like Armin a lot and he is a lovely dancer on the ice, but he is quite slow. His edge depth and control is better than Menshov, but not really by much, and not enough to justify how much slower he is.

Mroz is just hopeless for a senior international man, though.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Fantastic skates from Akiko yesterday and from Daisuke today !!!
    Ladies' FS broadcast starting in an hour. More to come with skating ecstacy!!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I love how Takahashi only went for a Level 2 Camel spin. He didn't try to hold any position out for the 8+ revolutions to gain an extra level, which would have detracted from the quality of the element (because holding that long would have decreased the speed) and the beauty of the program. Look at how well he utilizes his arms throughout that spin too, just gorgeous.

The way he combined sensitivity, power, and unique movement - all directly to the music - was astounding. Receiving those PCS is so encouraging and it's a perfect example of skating as artistry. It's also a perfect example of why a certain other skater who may sometimes deserve a "10" for Skating Skills deserves quite a bit lower for a couple of the other program components.

Thank you!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    gmyers, I say this with all sincereity, don't worry about it, it's not the Olympics. I too am a huge proponent of the quad, always have been, it won't go away, in fact its value has gone up since the 2010 Olympics.

Rather, just enjoy this beautiful wonderful memorable moment in honor of Mr. Daisuke Takahashi and his phenomenal skating, or at least try to even if you're not a fan (I am btw ).

Now onto the Ladies!
    It is only the SP of the NHK trophy and Takahashi could still try a quad in the LP but 2008 and 2009 worlds were not the OLympics either and trends start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    These results don't discourage skaters from doing quads. Rather, they encourage skaters to skate with the command and artistry Daisuke Takahashi showed. A message somewhat weakened by Brandon Mroz's inexplicably high PCS. Not having a quad may not hurt your PCS, but having one can definitely inflate it past all sense.
    The judges also said you can land quad lutz but you be 16 points behind someone quadless. Was Takahashi's score a reaction against the Quad lutz? I mean what was going through their minds when they made this score so high? There is one less element then there was at the Olympics and Takahashi beat his score there!

This whole thing is kind of troubling but could be wiped out by the LP so it is just going on the backburner!

That was gorgeous!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast