Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Mroz got the second highest PCS, my eyes can't roll back far enough. Thankfully not higher than Machida, but still. Yes, he's skating in the second group and he attempted a quad lutz, but please, it doesn't make the rest of his so-so skating any more so.

Verner just plain gave up. Even beyond the mistakes, he really let the effort go in so much of that skate. Disturbing lack of commitment. I liked his entrance to his sit spin, though.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Looked clean in slomo replay.

Mroz's toepick didn't appear to leave the ice until 3/4 of the way into the rotation. In my mind, that means he needs to land completely backwards in order for it to be a real Quad Lutz. I perhaps should not make a sweeping declaration without seeing a better view, but I definitely remain suspicious of this "Quad".

FlattFan

Match Penalty
They don't care about prerotation unless it's a toe loop. Adelina got away with her full rev prerotated triple loop.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I don't whom I would put in last place, Verner or Contesti? :confused2: No, I think Verner.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Samuel Contesti (ITA)

Music: Hungarian March by Hector Berlioz
La Gazza Ladra (The Thieving Magpie) by Gioacchino Rossini
1812 Ouverture by Petr I. Tchaikovski

3Lz+3T - a hop on landing
3A - stepout
3F<< - landed facing forwards
FSSp
SlSt
CCSp
CCoSp - a bit late to the music

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I like Contesti normally, but this was a mess. And miming a conductor in a routine set to classical music is just lazy and clichéd choreography.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahiko Kozuka (JPN)

Music: Inner Urge by Joe Henderson

3F - a bit shaky landing, no quad?
3A - nice
FSSp
3Lz+3T - nice
CCSp
SlSt - good speed
CCoSp

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow. Taka! That was amazing. =)

question: What's that pointing thing that he does in the middle of his program? I noticed it on one of his signs too.

ETA: It think he saw that he didn't need the quad, so he decided to do the 3F instead. It seem sort of last-minute.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I automatically know Daisuke and Takahashi will finish 1st & 2nd here at NHK, thus my interest is more on bronze.

Good job by Kozuka, even though I find him stiff (my favorite performance by him was the Jimmy Hendrix one), but I love the "fly" he gets on the death drop (twice as big as Mao's).

He'll probably get a huge score. :)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Kozuka makes the ice look smooth and slick when he skates, unlike some other skaters who seem like they're grinding on sand. The music, however, seems like an intro to some late night talk show that won't stop playing because the host is too busy cleaning up his nose.