Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And Dice-K BRINGS it. Wow. I think I'd would give him the slight edge...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Daisuke Takahashi (JPN)

Music: In the Garden of Souls

3F+3T - nice
3A - also nice flowing landing
FSSp
3Lz
CCSp
SlSt - best expression and attack of the field!
CCoSp

Nice program!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Aside from that tiny wobble at the end, that was one of the most brilliant skates I've seen! Daisuke is the man!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I like Contesti normally, but this was a mess. And miming a conductor in a routine set to classical music is just lazy and clichéd choreography.

Watch the program as he performed it at 2011 Europeans. It's actually quite a good one for him, aside from that awful Camel-change-Camel.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Standing O for Daisuke! Well-deserved; he is by far the most complete men's skater of the night so far. He may not have the quad, but he knows how to werk it.

Nadine

Record Breaker
:cool: :love: PHENOMENAL PERFORMANCE BY MR. DAISUKE TAKAHASHI!!!! :love: :cool:

I was praying he wouldn't slip up or make a mistake b/c when everybody skates clean with the same content he should always be first, let alone versus Kozuka.

Daisuke is a natural innate dancer on ice, the best out there!

I still remember his fabulous skating at SA, he's got charisma times 1,000+, like a young Elvis Presley on ice skates, he radiates sexuality/charisma/charm/et al. And an added bonus he's good looking, the perfect combination! :clap:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
That was one of the best SPs I have ever seen. WOW. Electrifying. Would be amazing to be there and see it live.
PE should be 10
IN should be 10
CH should be 10
SS should be 9
TR should be 9

I say he got lowballed in PCS. should get closer to 50.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Takahashi is being very humble in the interview. What a performance!!!!!!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Way to go, Daisuke, that is an exceptional sp! But, 90+, my eyes were bugged out. This isn't even the best he's skated that program -- really really wonderful, but not as pitch perfect as at SC.

He is definitely a dancer, and the best of the lot here, even w/o a quad. He used to do the quad before he was injured. Why should he need one with that program? Still, it will be interesting to see how the judges will be marking this sp throughout the season especially if skated consistently as great as he has done so far.

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Barring a meltdown tomorrow night, Daisuke has punched his ticket to the GPF. His PCS crushed everyone else's like a bug, but if there's anyone who deserves 9s in PE and IN, it's Daisuke. That SP was gorgeous....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow. Beating his Olympic record. That program puts him in the 3rd best SP of all time.