Pairs LP | Golden Skate

Pairs LP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just got here, shocked there's not a thread yet.

Anyhow, good luck to all the participants! :cool:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I had the thread ready to go but Eurosport is running commercials. Isn't it supposed to have started?

jcoates

Medalist
That was painful to watch. I feel quite bad for her. They just did not look ready to compete at all at this level.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Purich/Schultz (CAN)

Music: Spellbound Concerto by Miklos Rozsa

3T - he steps out
1LzTw - mistake, she popped
3STh
Li
2A+2T
BiDs
ChSp
3LzTh - stepout
Li
FCCoSp - she flops on the flying entry, waits for him to finish
Li
PCoSp

They still seem very junior-like, especially her. She needs to work on her skating skills and stretch.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Feel pretty sad for this young CAN pair - they popped their split triple twist and then she stood there rather embarrassingly while he finished his side by side spin (she attemtped hers then stopped and waited). Think they'll finish at the bottom.

Still, good exposure for them to compete on the international level, no matter they're not quite ready yet.

Oh my gosh, I don't think I ever saw that before - a Rick Perry moment. She just froze - why? Well, it was a rough skate but she's a very pretty skater - lovely posture. It's okay, Natasha, you'll have better skates later on.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Castelli/Shnapir

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov

3FTw
3T+2T+SEQ - he falls on 3T
Li
3ATh - she falls
FCCoSp - out of sync in the middle
ChSp
Li
2A
PCoSp
3STh
BoDs
Li

The big lifts are Castelli and Schnapir's money elements. Pieces of cake. But not enough of them to make up for the falls.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Finally watching it, although I missed the Canadian pair. Seems I didn't miss much though. I thought Castelli and Shnapir were decent.

Nadine

Record Breaker
American pair started out weak (fall on side by side jump by him & fall on the throw triple jump by her), but ended very very very strong! :cool: Also, I like their music, choreography, packaging,et al. :)

Still, the whole time I kept imagining him skating with Caitlin Yankowas, whom I think would be a perfect fit with him, both tall & long-limbed.