Pairs LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP

Nadine

Record Breaker
All in all what a boring competition....zzzz.....where's the snooze button when you need it. ;)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Savchenko/Szolkowy (GER)

Music: Pina (soundtrack)

3FTh - very high!
3T+3T+SEQ - he doubles both
ChSp
FCCoSp - ok unison
BoDs
3Tw - bit low
2A - she singles
Li
Li
PCoSp
Li - problems on entrance, he sets her down
3STh - she 2foots

Not their best... I think it will be silver.

S/S... some bobbles but so superior. I wonder what the chances of their dominating until Sochi are, though. It's a long way away. This is probably my favorite of their FS's.

ETA: Gosh, didn't even notice her 1A.

ETA again: I wonder why she can't have her hair done properly. What's with all the bobby pins? I know that's trivial but it bothers me.

Last edited:

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
I appreciate that they don't just perform generic lifts...they all fit the character of the program. Pina Bausch would be proud!

Nadine

Record Breaker
My computer crashed again during the German pair's performance. *double sigh*

Anyhow, I find it odd that the man's line is better than the female's in this instance, those bowed legs & flat feet without pointed toes really stick out imho.

Ahhh, I miss the days of G&G and their correct technique, the right technique, the Russian technique. I recall when Sergei would throw Katia his feet never left the ice and his movement continued to flow, not stop, and most definitely he did not throw her like a sack of potatoes, which has been the case with pairs since the Russians stopped dominating.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Whoa, what's happening to S/S?
I think that program may be too difficult even for them. Hopefully it'll be in better shape later this season. Either that, or the 3A chase is becoming a distraction.

I admire them for continuing to take risks with their concepts and their TES; it would be so easy for them to have more standard programs, or to recycle programs - but no, they keep pushing themselves.

(I thought they should have finished 2nd, even with the mistakes).

skateflower

Match Penalty
Why is this so shocking to the British commentator? S&S lost huge in their technical content with a botched lift, 2-ft th sal, doubled jumps...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Why is this so shocking to the British commentator? S&S lost huge in their technical content with a botched lift, 2-ft th sal, doubled jumps...
I think it's Nicky Slater commentating without Chris Howath, and Nicky's an ice dancer. Doesn't know that much about the technical side of the other disciplines.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
doubled the 3T
single the 2A
problem with the 3Sal throw
problem with lift

They had so many mistakes. I was surprise they didn't win, actually. I thought it would be like Euro 2011 again where she completely missed a spin, and then stood around and did the hand fizz thing and shrugged and still placed above K/S.

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) 177.51
2 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN (JPN) 172.09
3 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) 171.68
4 Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) 163.83
5 Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN (USA) 163.75
6 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE (RUS) 159.01
7 Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA) 149.02
8 Natasha PURICH / Raymond SCHULTZ (CAN) 128.17

skateflower

Match Penalty
Ahhh, I miss the days of G&G and their correct technique, the right technique, the Russian technique. I recall when Sergei would throw Katia his feet never left the ice and his movement continued to flow, not stop, and most definitely he did not throw her like a sack of potatoes, which has been the case with pairs since the Russians stopped dominating.
I disagree with you. The so-called Russian technique is ugly. I hate to see the man stay there motionless. I love the flow with male partner moving towards the female after throwing her out. The Russian technique only applies to small girls. The height and distance are not that great either.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I disagree with you. The so-called Russian technique is ugly. I hate to see the man stay there motionless. I love the flow with male partner moving towards the female after throwing her out. The Russian technique only applies to small girls. The height and distance are not that great either.

...are you sure you've been watching the same G/G as I've been watching?