Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 124

Thread: Pairs LP

  1. #106
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    To me, it's the opposite. T/T are just boring with those 'lyrical' piece. Everybody can do those things with slow music. M/MT(?) are energetic and their elements are superb. I don't really like D/R though. They're too sloppy.
    Not everyone can skate with as much elegance as T/T. Certainly not Moore-Towers and Moscovitch.

  2. #107
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,651
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    To me, it's the opposite. T/T are just boring with those 'lyrical' piece. Everybody can do those things with slow music. M/MT(?) are energetic and their elements are superb. I don't really like D/R though. They're too sloppy.
    I definitely like M/MT a lot this year. Their Henry V program is just to die for. I think T/T is graceful, but the fact they can't do jumps is a big minus. As I said, they could be good ice dancers.

  3. #108
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    I just can't get into M/MT at all. They look really rough. She looks like a cracked out Caydee Denney circa her trailer trash day.

  4. #109
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I definitely like M/MT a lot this year. Their Henry V program is just to die for. I think T/T is graceful, but the fact they can't do jumps is a big minus. As I said, they could be good ice dancers.
    Where do you think they will be as ice dancers? Top 10 in the world?
    They are top 10 in the world as a pair. Why would they trade that for a top 10 in the world in dance? A bird in the hand is certainly better than top 10 in dance.

  5. #110
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,651
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Where do you think they will be as ice dancers? Top 10 in the world?
    They are top 10 in the world as a pair. Why would they trade that for a top 10 in the world in dance? A bird in the hand is certainly better than top 10 in dance.
    Hm... I haven't really thought of it like that. I just think they have qualities that would translate well in ice dancing and certainly they would be an improvement over the Reeds.

  6. #111
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    yes, they do have all of that dancing qualities. They look really good together. their little hops here and there are just pure joy.

  7. #112
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Takahashi/Tran have better lifts, stronger choreography, and better carriage than either Moore-Towers/Moscovitch or Duhamel/Radford. I also think they happen to be a better match than D/R as well (Mt/M are well matched to each other). Both Canadian teams are stronger jumpers, of course, and Mt/M have a beautiful program this year, one of my favourites, but PCS wise they should be between 0.5 and 1 point behind T/T on each component, imo.

  8. #113
    Edgy Details
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cracow
    Posts
    796
    Finally a good performance from K/S in this beautiful LP! Not clean, but... The best they have done so far with that material. This program is a masterpiece and hides their weaknesses very well. Or they stop matter, when K/S skate it without major mistakes. I am not their fan, but this one always touches me.
    Just go and work on the SP, because it is horrible.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Girl T needs to learn how to land her jumps. I said last season, and I'm saying it again. I don't see them going anywhere if girl T continue to make mistake in almost every SBS jump.
    Well, it seems that they get far even with her mistakes.. It makes me have VERY mixed feelings about them. Yes, they are gorgeous, but overscored, IMO.

    S/S LP is possibly great stuff, but it must grow on me (it is the first time I have seen it). Maybe mistakes did not help me to receive it well.
    Nice costumes though, for a change! Mistake in the lift aside, they should work on the lifts in general. They are not very attractive. IMO, even some lower ranked pairs come up with more interesting positions. S/S are so innovative. But it does not show in lifts.

    A word about Italians. The beginning of the program was nice, but later the music gets too monotonous. They should break this program into 2 music pieces.

  9. #114
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    ETA: I don't defend judges, but I do have eyes, heart, mind and soul -- and I can see and feel, and maintain an open mind when superb athletes try to push themselves past their comfort zone and bring something new and different to the ice. OTOH, K/S are just trying to survive out there.


    I do see K&S developing, both technically and artistically through the years. And for a pair, facing so many difficulties (they don't match each other that well, both are old and have lots of injuries), they have done an amazing job.
    After all, there's an example of both Chinese veteran pairs "trying to survive out there" in 2010 season, and both did well, very well, I would say, beating stronger technically and innovative Germans both at Olympics and worlds that year. So there is nothing impossible for K&S.

  10. #115
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,055
    congratualtions to all medalist good job.

  11. #116
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    S/S program is so beautiful even with mistakes; it made me watch the movie!

    K/S have a nice program as well , and i liked her COC short program dress much much better!

    are judges dropping my fav I/M? She is such a joy to watch and i love their new lp; I want them to go to euros this season and i dont see it happening

  12. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    Finally a good performance from K/S in this beautiful LP! Not clean, but... The best they have done so far with that material. This program is a masterpiece and hides their weaknesses very well. .
    I'm wondering if you watched Castile/Okolski skating to the same music before?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/covertco...16/bdp2ijC7DTg

    I am still scratching my head how K/S could win 2 world medals while C/O was never able to crack into top 8.

  13. #118
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    are judges dropping my fav I/M? She is such a joy to watch and i love their new lp; I want them to go to euros this season and i dont see it happening
    Is the judges fault that she doubled both her soio jumps and 2 footed her Th3loop?

  14. #119
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    I'm wondering if you watched Castile/Okolski skating to the same music before?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/covertco...16/bdp2ijC7DTg

    I am still scratching my head how K/S could win 2 world medals while C/O was never able to crack into top 8.
    Really? You can't see the difference between the two programs and the two pairs?

  15. #120
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    I'm wondering if you watched Castile/Okolski skating to the same music before?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/covertco...16/bdp2ijC7DTg

    I am still scratching my head how K/S could win 2 world medals while C/O was never able to crack into top 8.
    IIRC, Castile and Okolski did quite easy SBS jumps.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •