LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Nadine

Record Breaker
Holy smokes for some reason I thought this would start soon, but just checked the time in Japan and realized it won't start for at least another 45 minutes.

Time enough to take a break and get a cup of hot cocoa (looks like it may snow here in the PNW soon). :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Holy smokes for some reason I thought this would start soon, but just checked the time in Japan and realized it won't start for at least another 45 minutes.

Time enough to take a break and get a cup of hot cocoa (looks like it may snow here in the PNW soon). :)

Can't believe it's so cold already....And Seattle definitely did not get much of a summer. :( (I live in Eastern Washington, so it was warmer here. But it's pretty cold here too right now...)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Cocoa sounds good. Off to make myself a cup.

Good luck to the Ladies!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I see you live in the Emerald State as well, Mrs. P. :) The weather for the whole United States (& the world for that matter) has been off, to say the least, just weird. Records being set for such & such (aka heat wave, cold, et al). Anyhow, I'm getting prepared beforehand b/c I heard that we're going to have another bad winter like we did in 2008. This time I'm getting a buckstove installed by the end of the month so that I will have heat and a means to heat soup/cocoa/etc. this time. :biggrin:

Okey doke, back on topic, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LADIES!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Kiira's Korpi's dress is a bit weird but I like it. She is drop dead gorgeous anyway

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice gutsy effort by the hometown gal! :) Loved the opening 3/3 combo., and everything else was okay except for the doubled lutz, but nice effort, and good job. :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Shoko Ishikawa (JPN)

Music: Miss Saigon by Claude-Michel Schoenberg

3T+3T - last 3T looked UR
2Lz
ChSp
3F - looked UR
2A
SSp
3F+1T - perhaps UR again
2Lo
CCoSp
3S
SlSt
FCSp

The jumps were not quite there, not a lot of expression or speed across the ice.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Cynthia Phaneuf reminds me a bit of diva, this said due to her taking her time to get to center ice the other day during the SP (shades of Oksana Baiul). :biggrin:

Here's hoping she and everybody else hits their jumps, especially those big HIGH jumps by the power skaters, such as she. :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ishikawa

Score: 77.07, new PB, total 122.14, new PB and into 1st

What is wrong with her skate or foot?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Cynthia Phanuef (CAN)

Music: Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini by Sergei Rachmaninov

1Lz
3T+2T
1Lo
CLSp
2S - stepout
ChSp
3T+2T
3Lo
2A - fall
FSSp
SlSt
CCoSp

A struggle with the jumps... Too bad - has she lost most of her triple jumps?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Too bad about the popped lutz & loop and the doubled salchow and fall on the 2A, but I must say I love this skater's carriage, the way she holds herself, like a Queen! :cool:

And the music is lovely, darling, my favorite program to this being Ashley Wagner's a few seasons ago.

But despite the mistakes Cynthia comes across as such a wonderful skater, the broken leg spin at the very end was glorious! Almost on par with Keegan Messing's.

Too see her skate clean with those big huge jumps and wonderful carriage would be something to see, indeed, too bad not here though. :(