LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Art&Sport

Medalist
When has she skated clean though? When she was a young phenom? She does have an attractive carriage and seems to love skating and hasn't given up, but it is very painful to watch her trying to get through her programs in competition after competition, unsuccessfully.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mae Berenice Meite (FRA)

Music: Fever
Jessica's Theme (from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" soundtrack) by Alain Silvestri
Hey Pachuko (from "The Mask" soundtrack)

2A+3T
3Lo - hand down
3Lz - hand down
CCoSp
3F
LSp
2A+2T
ChSp
3Lo - stepout
3T
FCSp
SlSt

A lot of messy landings, but she still need at lot of polish. Her posture is not good, and speed could be improved.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I had a total blackout on my screen for the first 10 seconds or so, but when I finally was able to refresh and come back in I saw the French gal skating to "FEVER", which I love! :love:

My favorite performance to this, and the one I was imagining in my head, was Maria Butyrskaya's at the 1998 Olympics. She skated 1st in her group, and I recall Scott saying that it was the "kiss of death", but despite everything her score managed to hold up almost the whole way through. Too bad she eventually lost out to Chen Lu, but LuLu was magical that night! :cool: :love:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Mae B can skate, but I don't like this costume on her -- maybe its the wrong color, but the style is also not really flattering to her. Is her name pronounced Mah-ay, or May? Meet or Mett-ay?

Kinga

Medalist
Meite was incredebly slow and ungraceful. There is a lot of work to be done in that department.
Korpi.. Pretty as always. Skating the same, as always... No matter what music she chooses, her programs always look the same to me.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kiira Korpi (FIN)

Music: I Got Rhythm by George Gershwin

3T+2T - a bit forward on 3T, so only +2T
3S
2A
FSSp
ChSp
2Lo+2T+2Lo
2S+2T
2Lo
2A
LSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Way too many doubles...

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Why does Korpi always have such problems ending her Long Program? Come on girl.

Anyway, I wish she had used this music for her SP and kept last season's LP (with some updates).

Nadine

Record Breaker
I have to admit I was so taken by Kiira's beauty that I didn't bother to see what jumps she did, except I think it was a clean performance with a couple of doubles thrown in like a 2R?

I love love love her dress, hair, et al. She looks exactly like Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's younger sister, Princess Madeleine. :)

Art&Sport

Medalist
Mae B obviously needs more polish and power. I don't think she's "ungraceful," just that she doesn't have a small-boned frame that is more associated with being "lyrical". With improving her overall skills, gaining more polish and increasing her speed and power (also finding the right costumes, music and choreo that is more flattering and would enhance her strengths), she could be more competitive.