LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 5 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Her expressiveness... she was always lyrical but never this explicitly expressive. Love her!!!
125.77!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So pleased for Mao. Beautiful skate. Loved her footwork very difficult but she makes it
look so easy. Great score.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alena Leonova

Music: Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber
Requiem for a Tower by Clint Mansell

3T+3T
3Lo - 2footed, stepout, UR?
3F
CCSp
2F+2T
ChSp
3S
...server error!!#%&%¤.... What did I miss?
SlSt
CCoSp

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, it's wonderful to see a *full* house of spectators, not one empty seat, which can be seen easily during Alena's spin sequence.

Btw, I sooooo wish Mirai Nagasu would go to Brian Orser and ask/beg him to coach her; what he did with Yuna Kim's natural raw talent makes me wonder what miracles he can perform for Mirai. Package, costume, everything just right. Because what he did with Elena is a miracle also imho. :)

Art&Sport

Medalist
Don't like Alena's programs and her free skate was not good. She had good tech in the sp, but was way over-scored on PCS for her sp. She should not be in front of Ashley, IMHO.

What a wuzrobbed for Ashley! A case of the judges looking at elements and not at the complete programs and overall skill. Alena doubled some jumps and the program didn't have great impact at all.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
It's gonna be close between Mao & Suzuki, even I don't know whom they will pick, but I think Suzuki had a substantial lead over Mao from the SP, so I predict her for the win. :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Akiko Suzuki (JPN)

Music: Die Fledermaus Ouverture by Johann Strauss

3Lz
2A+3T
3Lo
CCoSp
FCSp
ChSp
1Lo+2T+2Lo
1Lz - too bad
3F
3S+2T
SlSt
FCCoSp

Solid, but is it enough for gold?

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: I take my words back about Cynthia & Agnes looking alike, not anymore! Cynthia has perfect carriage and leg line, whereas Agnes is like her shadow, but they both have powerful jumps. Also, Cynthia has heavier eyebrows than Agnes. And Cynthia is a diva, which I wish Agnes would borrow some from. ;) :love: