Skating Videos Question | Golden Skate

Skating Videos Question

macy

Record Breaker
Hi everyone, this is my first post here :) I have a couple questions regarding where I can watch skating videos other than YouTube...I know of the site fsvids.net and would like to sign up, but I need to get a code from someone already a member first. If someone could help me with that, that would be awesome. Also, does anyone know if there are a good amount of videos on yousendit.com? And to sign up there you have to pay don't you? Thanks!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Icenetwork and Universal sports sell video coverage of figure skating events. It is fairly reasonably priced. There is some geoblocking however. Eurosport has streaming coverage this year, too.

NikaQuest's channel has youtube coverage of GP events up even before the event has completed, but the coverage is in Russian.

frida340's youtube channel has the lovely British Eurosport coverage up on youtube, but a day or two after the competition ends.

If you don't have the bandwidth from your ISP to get good streaming from IN or US or youtube, you should consider letting the youtube video run muted, and then replay it.

dailymotion is a site similar to youtube, and has videos.

skatebuzz will be streaming Canadian sectionals and regionals, and is not geoblocked.

macy

Record Breaker
thanks for the help! i do have an icenetwork account, but i'm looking for more older videos from before some skaters were known, like rachael, mirai, caroline, alissa, etc. i will look through some of those youtube channels and will also check out dailymotion and skatebuzz. :) but again if anyone can help me register at fsvids.net that would be wonderful!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I went to look at the fsvids site, and the following is posted there:

Coaches, National Level Skaters and Higher,
please email regfsvids [at] aol [dot] co [dot] uk for membership

So if you're a coach or a national level skater, you might give that a try to gain the admission code.

(National would include novice, junior and senior, and anyone who made it to US Junior nationals, anyone who competed at an ISU sanctioned event, and so forth. It would not include just elite level senior skaters.)

macy

Record Breaker
I went to look at the fsvids site, and the following is posted there:

Coaches, National Level Skaters and Higher,
please email regfsvids [at] aol [dot] co [dot] uk for membership

So if you're a coach or a national level skater, you might give that a try to gain the admission code.

(National would include novice, junior and senior, and anyone who made it to US Junior nationals, anyone who competed at an ISU sanctioned event, and so forth. It would not include just elite level senior skaters.)

yeah i'm not any of those lol. does anyone know of any coaches or skaters who are registered there?