NBC coverage | Golden Skate

NBC coverage

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Can someone tell we what was aired on NBC today? I'm assuming the 2nd group of Ladies and 2nd group of pairs.

I tuned in a little late and saw ladies Gedevanishvili, Leonova, Asada and Suzuki. And in mens, the top six.

heyang

Record Breaker
For whatever reasons, NBC seems to be airing only Ladies and Mens. Over on Universal Sports they are airing more of the mens and ladies, as well as pairs and dance.

What I find odd is that they aren't airing Dance on NBC since North Americans are at the top right now. To generate some excitement for the 2014 Olympics, they have to show potential medalists for North America.

Binthere

On the Ice
For whatever reasons, NBC seems to be airing only Ladies and Mens. Over on Universal Sports they are airing more of the mens and ladies, as well as pairs and dance.

What I find odd is that they aren't airing Dance on NBC since North Americans are at the top right now. To generate some excitement for the 2014 Olympics, they have to show potential medalists for North America.

Completely agree. Shows such a lack of research and understanding on the part of NBC to fail to cover for the broader public the kind of events which might just generate some genuine interest. Nothing against the singles skaters or the team from the USA competing in those events, but I much preferred when event coverage from the major network air time encompassed the entire event.

North America especially has such strong ice dancers with 1-2 finish in NHK from two very exciting and attractive teams. Get a clue NBC. Get a clue.