Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Predictions

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Men
    1. Patrick Chan: You've gotta assume that the rest of the men will be emboldened by the 1-2 punch of Javier Fernandez' close score and Dai's top score, but you can't assume that Chan will shirk from a challenge.
    2. Michel Brezina: Kid's got some cajones, and he wants to prove that SA was no fluke. He will be going for those quads.
    3. Nobunari Oda: If he makes to the podium, he could be GPF bound, which would make things interesting indeed. But 3-7 is basically a crapshoot.
    4. Florent Amodio: He'll be hungry.
    5. Adam Rippon: As long as he doesn't approach is 3A as if he's a scared puppy.
    6. Nan Song: Why not?
    7. Kevin Reynolds: He really should consider doing two 4S (one in combination) along with the 4T if he's gonna try for the 4Lo. I'm very curious to see what he pulls out on the ice.
    1. Chan will likely improve substantially since SC. There has been more focused training to make up for the lack of summer training and TEB is familiar without home crowd pressure. Hopefully he has also used up the season's quota of jump entry stumbles. He is not one to repeat same errors.

2. I have no doubts about Brezina's quads because they are his opening jumps. It's the lesser jumps later in the program that are problematic.

3. I don't see 3-7 as a crapshoot. Oda is a lot more capable than the rest and already has a silver over them. He too is competing against himself, his biggest nemesis.

4. Hungry is not enough. Amodio already received more than he deserved with that crappy program. Maybe a little hunger and home ice advantage would get him decent scores, but still....

5. Rippon approached most of his jumps like a scared puppy at SC. Let's see if he has recieved a Courage award from the Wizzard since then.

6. If Song handles his pressure and performs, he may place a few notches higher.

7. I think Kevin is going for broke for another Guiness record instead of a medal. That would be his way to make his mark. I wish him steady legs and best of luck.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    My predictions

Men
    1. Patrick Chan
    2. Nobunari Oda
    3. Michal Brezina
    4. Florent Amodio
    5. Adam Rippon

Ladies
    1. Carolina Kostner
    2. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
    3. Alissa Czisny
    4. Kanako Murakami
    5. Viktoria Helgesson

Pairs
    1. Volosozhar/Trankov
    2. Duhamel/Radford
    3. Bazarova/Larionov
    4. Evora/Ladwig
    5. Stolbova/Klimov

Ice Dance
    1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Pechalat/Bourzat
    3. Cappellini/Lanotte
    4. Ilinykh/Katsalapov
    5. Chock/Bates

Ladies
    1. Carolina Kostner
    2. Alissa Czisny
    3. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva

I'm surprised most people don't expect Eliza to win, even though i still believe either Carolina or Alissa will win considering Eliza is not experienced or mature enough.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3