Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: And the ISU fires back

Rinkside
    Isn't there more corruption in figure skating than in diving and gymnastics because there's more money to be had in figure skating than in the other sports mentioned?

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by RussianBolero
    Isn't there more corruption in figure skating than in diving and gymnastics because there's more money to be had in figure skating than in the other sports mentioned?
    Hmm.....I don't know anything personally about diving except I had a friend who was a pretty good international competitive swimmer (not diver) and she quit when she was about 15 cause she was so disgusted in the sport. She said there was alot of pressure for some to win at any cost, drugs included. She said in some countries, it's normal practice. I would think if you compare disqualifications in swimming due to drugs, and disqualifications in skating due to drugs, this is probably true.

Not meaning to taint all swimmers at all, but it seems to me that this is real corruption, alot worse that not having a judges name on the top of a protocol sheet. Especially since all you have to do is approach them after the competition and most are happy to talk to you about their marks anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2