Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Men's Short Program, Fri. 11/18 at 9 am EST

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I found it interesting that one poster thought that having untidy hair meant a person was disrespectful to the audiences/people in general.

When people's hair is untidy, it has nothing whatever to do with you, and has a lot to do with them.
    1. Were they depressed or ill this morning?
    2. Do they have fine hair that no matter how much gel and spray they put on it, a gust of wind turns it into a haystack?
    3. Do they run their hands through their hair when they feel confused or upset?
    4. How many cowlicks do they have? (My dad had 6 and it was very difficult to get his hair tidy. The only solution was to part it dead down the center, so he always looked like the 1930's as to hair).

and so on.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    That sounds fair to me - high level step sequences have a BV like triples, so it's only fair that their GOEs are like triples, too.
    I'm not sure it's unfair, though given how difficult a level four step sequence is to do and how few of the men actually do it, it's odd that it's base value is lower than a triple toe, something all senior men are capable of doing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I found it interesting that one poster thought that having untidy hair meant a person was disrespectful to the audiences/people in general.

When people's hair is untidy, it has nothing whatever to do with you, and has a lot to do with them.
    1. Were they depressed or ill this morning?
    2. Do they have fine hair that no matter how much gel and spray they put on it, a gust of wind turns it into a haystack?
    3. Do they run their hands through their hair when they feel confused or upset?
    4. How many cowlicks do they have? (My dad had 6 and it was very difficult to get his hair tidy. The only solution was to part it dead down the center, so he always looked like the 1930's as to hair).

and so on.
    I was making an example of "bashing" to contrast with my original remark about his untidy hair, which was not bashing at all in my mind. There is a big difference between the two: One is simply stating a fact (Untidy hair distracts my attention); the other is harsh and gratuitous. And the point I tried to make was: The mere complaining about his hair should not be automatically interpreted as "bashing". It depends on how it is said and what logic it is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    I don't think that's true. I don't think some (such as me) are trying to convince others to love Patrick. It's more like defending some ridiculous accusation that's far from the truth. As they always say, hater's gonna hate.
    If there IS "hating" and "bashing" going on, report it.
    Feeding the fire drags down an otherwise decent discussion.
    Antagonizing people just turns more off to what you're saying. Coming into a thread with a chip on your shoulder makes every critique sound like a bash. ALL general skating boards are just as "harsh" in their critiques of the skaters. We are not immune to this.

It's the 2011 edition of the Kim-Asada Internet wars. Patrick Chan's hairdo, yea or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    It's the 2011 edition of the Kim-Asada Internet wars. Patrick Chan's hairdo, yea or nay?
    or the Evan and Johnny Wars

or the MK and all the women in the world Wars...

or the Scott Hamilton and Scott Cramer wars?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    or Kramer vs Kramer war?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12