Men's Short Program, Fri. 11/18 at 9 am EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program, Fri. 11/18 at 9 am EST

jettasian

Match Penalty
Don't like Amodio's program at all, especially the footwork section, way too busy on the upper body/arms. Very distracting actually.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Too bad Amodio messed up on the entrance to the sitspin, but what I like about his skating is he makes the jumps looks easy, they come out of nowhere, swoosh! :cool: The very best make it look easy (ala Evgeni Plushenko). :love:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adam Rippon (USA)

Music: Korobushko by Bond

3Lz - 'Rippon', nice
3A - long entrance,sets foot down early, holds on, but landed
3F+3T - 3T was < or even <<
FCSp
CSSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Nice performance and spins, still needs to work on his jumps.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Except for the tad shakiness on the 3A, everything else was truly SUPERB! BRAVO, ADAM, BRAVO! :cool: :love:

I love this program for Adam but the jumps aren't spectacular enough to compete here IMO. But what gorgeous spins - position and speed - and fw, and I love the way the momentum builds. This program brings out his latent macho side. Ends with a big smile.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nobunari Oda

Music: Memphis Soul Stew

3A - nice, spread eagle entrance
3F - stepout, hand down
FCSp - a bit slow
3Lz - no combo
SlSt
CCoSp
CSSp

To bad about the jumps... is he still hampered by injury?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Poor Oda. I was just admiring his skating as a league above everyone else so far and he messed a jump and so the combo.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I would put Oda's program below Adam's; except for the gorgeous spread eagle into 3A, his other jumps weren't quite on today, and when Oda's jumps go, there isn't much else imho.

emma

Record Breaker
this is a great program for Rippon as it really highlights his strengths of grace and delicate style; I do love his rippon lutz when he does it well, and only wish he had a little more power/strength in those other jumps; maybe a tad more speed too. But he is beautiful to watch and it is so great to see him appear happy or content.

Poor Oda...what happened to the jump? was that his combo he missed? Love him...hate the air piano playing.

Oh, too bad!!
I loved his pancake spin with one arm down, then the other - his shirt really showed it off. It looked simply impossible.
His English is so good, I didn't know.
Please come back in the FS, Nobu!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Michal Brezina (CZE)

Music: Best of Kodo

3A - very easy-looking
3F+2T - a bit shaky
3Lz
FSSp
CCSp - not much speed, travels a bit
SlSt
CCoSp

Was Brezina planning a quad in the SP? I can't remember. Not as sharp as SA, IIRC. But one of the best SPs of the season when he's at his best.