Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Men's Short Program, Fri. 11/18 at 9 am EST

Custom Title
    At CoC, Song won the LP with the score of 154.03, BV 79.40. I admit I feel the danger coming from him even though he is among the worst in PCS.

Also Brezina will be up his game plan from SA by adding quad into his LP.

If there is no real surprise, I think the podium will be among Chan, Song, and Brezina.

I wouldn't say Chan is a lock for gold. It will depend on his jumps in LP. He'll win PCS in this field for sure.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 11-18-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Custom Title
    I couldn't tell if Patrick rotated his quad or not but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole program, such flow with a constant energy of joy and freedom that goes with a very difficult beat of music.

If Kevin didn't receive hair deduction, why should Patrick?

edited because in skating, it's about hair deduction, not reduction! Nobody deserves hair reduction no matter how they skate or look!
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 11-18-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    If Kevin didn't receive hair reduction, why should Patrick?
    Hmmm, Patrick got to cut his hair. That might be the reason for his under rotating his quad.

Custom Title
    He patted it down at the K&C whereas all the spinning tamed and improved Kevin's.

I don't get all the demand for Patrick to cut his hair. He's young and could have a longer and cooler style instead of being so no-nonsence.

Custom Title
    I don't get all the demand for Patrick to cut his hair. He's young and could have a longer and cooler style instead of being so no-nonsence.
    Patrick's SP is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkfwH9fx6lU

SkateFiguring, I was kidding around before I even saw his SP. Now I've seen it. His hair was fine with me.

Eta:

That 3A was gorgous! The general tone of his SP was much better than I thought and read. Except that unfortunate 4T, it was a good SP.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 11-18-2011 at 11:49 AM.

What is up with the CONSTANT semi-bashing of Patrick Chan on this forum? Seriously people, use your eyes or get some better knowledge of what it takes to be the best!

It seems like whatever he does it's not good enough for some of you!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    What is up with the CONSTANT semi-bashing of Patrick Chan on this forum? Seriously people, use your eyes or get some better knowledge of what it takes to be the best!

I hope what you say doesn't include me. Or I have to say something.

(Snip)

If Kevin didn't receive hair reduction, why should Patrick?
    Post of the day! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I hope what you say doesn't include me. Or I have to say something.
    Nope. Like you said yourself, the general tone of his short was much better than you thought and read. Just look at some of the posts above here.

Custom Title
    I absolutely adore Chan and as i said, love to see his 3 axel so good. I just worried that he looked ill - like he had a cold; and someone else said he needed a hair cut, and frankly, could see it - but not in a mean way at all, and it was more a joke than anything; I mean what else can you say, not a great quad, but the rest looked like a walk in the park (even if the jump combo wasn't excellent, it was really good) and it is just amazing that he can do that. Anyway, not really the best SPs overall, and poor, poor Oda , i Just feel for him. but looking forward to the Longs and ladies sp.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post

1. My experience has been that there are more accusations of Chan-bashing than actual bashing.
    2. Criticizing Chan's skating, programs etc. is not necessarily bashing. Comments about his character, looks, conspiracies and such often are bashing and are inappropriate.
    3. Golden Skate posters are not obligated to admire Chan's skating and it is perfectly legitimate to express negative opinions about it - even when he is in good form. I am going to guess that the suggestion that Chan should be universally admired is a turnoff for many.
    4. Often the people who accuse others of bashing Chan are perfectly happy to post all sorts of negative and unpleasant stuff about his competitors. Pot, kettle, etc. (no, Bluebonnet, not you).
    5. The top skaters will always get more attention, both positive and negative (see Evan Lysacek during the Olympic year, or discussions about V/M and D/W).
    Last edited by Buttercup; 11-18-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Custom Title
    I can't take any hair talk seriously, including mine.

Oda Oda Oda. I so root for you but you always have to screw yourself over somehow. He was the only one anywhere near Chan's level of skating. Why didn't he put in the combo like Patrick always does if he misses it at first! This is what I meant when I said Oda lacks a Champion mindset. He doesn't believe in himself enough and doesn't fight when he needs to.

Custom Title
    I can't take any hair talk seriously, including mine.

Oda Oda Oda. I so root for you but you always have to screw yourself over somehow. He was the only one anywhere near Chan's level of skating. Why didn't he put in the combo like Patrick always does if he misses it at first! This is what I meant when I said Oda lacks a Champion mindset. He doesn't believe in himself enough and doesn't fight when he needs to.
    Actually, he tends to put in a combo when he misses a jump. But only when he's not supposed to.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Actually, he tends to put in a combo when he misses a jump. But only when he's not supposed to.
    That too. Way too often.

Oda may make a good jump coach after retiring from competition but he would starve as a choreographer.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 11-18-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    The way you say it was so funny.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast