Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pairs SP, Friday 11/18/11

Custom Title

Pairs SP, Friday 11/18/11

Thought I would start it for all you pairs' lovers fans out there.

ps: I'm not one of them.

Custom Title
    I used to like this CAN pair (specifically her with her old partner), but not too much anymore since I learned about her personal life off ice, though I know it shouldn't affect the on ice skating, but hey I'm only human.

Nice program, but pedestrian split double twist, otherwise all elements landed and bluesy feel to it.

I love pairs! I'm doing a LIVE play-by-play of the event right here http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com/...ting_2188.html

Custom Title
    Poor French Pair (btw whatever happened to the split triple twist!?! seems like nobody's doing it anymore :( ). Their lifts were ugh and their spins weren't much better either. Need tons of work.

Custom Title
    This Chinese pair has been the best thus far, and that's not saying much unfortunately. Seriously, this field seems to be made up of the D-LIST.

And this haunting beautiful music always make me want to cry; best performance by far was Michelle Kwan's to "The Red Violin"; did justice to both the music and the movie.

ps: finally, a split triple twist!

Custom Title
    Dong/Wu were relatively clean but really boring.

Custom Title
    oops, spoke too soon, they're second, probably due to not being able to land the sbs jumps. :(

Custom Title
    Finally, some somewhat quality pair skating by the B/C list.

Nice split triple twist.

Custom Title
    Megan and Eric did great!

Can nobody come up with skating music other than Aranjuez? It's getting worse than the multiple RfoD programs a couple of years ago.

Custom Title
    Is anyone else getting a pretty black screen on IceNetwork?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Coming in late, had to see hubby off on a trip! Is this better than Men's so far?

I have a pic on IN. You can always close it and reopen.

Custom Title
    Nope, everything working a-okay here, crossing my fingers though b/c I've been having problems here & there with IN the last couple of GPs, though I personally don't mind with the pairs, as MENS is my favorite discipline, followed by Ladies. I'll have a canary if it goes out during them.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Oh Lordie, he dropped her on the death spiral. And then she had to kiss him!

On replay I see he fell too.

Custom Title
    Darn, I was just starting to really love this RUS pair, then he fell on the death spiral, and the look she gave him is priceless!

Seriously though I love their unique innovative creative use of the music "Bolero", same as Adelina Sotnikova's. And the gorgeous use of her flexibility on the pair lift was exquisite, not to mention their throw jump was the best in the biz! But they only did a split double twist I think.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast