Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pairs SP, Friday 11/18/11

Custom Title
    Yikes, they got hammered. Btw, her white sports bra showing through the sheer fabric was not good.

Custom Title
    Yeah, that mistake was devastating - it'll invalidate that element and threw them off completely. Which is devastating, because they were spot on for the first half - the step sequence was ridiculous, that flip was S/S-esque, and the choreography was fascinating. S/K are a team for the next generation though - I can see them as world champions.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Do E/L have jet lag too? Something was off in that whole program. No magic at all. And she fell on the SBS. Even their overhead lift was disappointing coming right after the spectacular one by the Russians. And she needs to get down in the death spiral.

Custom Title
    E/L have a lovely program, but their technical weaknesses on the jumps are bothersome. But that throw and the lift... gorgeous.

Also, hating pairs step sequences in general, despite S/K.

Custom Title
    Ahhh, nice classy American Pair, I seriously could watch their stroking all day long (I LOVE fabulous stroking). Except for the fall on the sbs jump by her, everything else really really good, but she really does need to work on her leg line & toepoint.

Still, I'd say it's going to be a dogfight at US Nationals between this pair & D&C.

ps: I used to not like this pair b/c I thought they were wrongfully chose to go to the Olympics over the pair that was the first to do a throw 3A, but now I've changed my mind, I'm starting to love this American pair as well (same as D&C).

Russians under a curse today. He dropped her or she fell out of their twist!

Custom Title
    Why all the talk about jet lag? This is not Asia. The N A skaters are doing it during their waking hours.

Custom Title
    Best split triple twist of the day, then she falls, ugh. And the forward landing on the throw jump not good. I don't like this RUS pairs style. Give me K&S any day over this novice pair.

Custom Title
    Heh. The triple twist was so big that she fell on the pushout. Wierd. I know I'm supposed to dislike this program, but I think it works for them. She's just ferocious.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Which is devastating, because they were spot on for the first half - the step sequence was ridiculous, that flip was S/S-esque, and the choreography was fascinating. S/K are a team for the next generation though - I can see them as world champions.
    They had a nice sbs jump. But that flip throw was nothing like S/S's.
    Their twist is too low and crashy even for a double.
    As a junior pair, they were competitive with T/T. Going into seniors, T/T are so far ahead of them, even with a bunch of mistakes. This team is no world champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Best split triple twist of the day, then she falls, ugh. And the forward landing on the throw jump not good. I don't like this RUS pairs style. Give me K&S any day over this novice pair.
    Novice?? Have you been smoking something, or is it something that I and basically everyone else are missing? :P

Custom Title
    WTH Eurosport keeps accusing me of using 3 devices and ending the stream. Same thing when I open a new window.

B/L - it looked to me (non-skater) like he didn't throw her hard enough. (She fell.) Now has he gained weight and she lost weight since last season? They just don't look matched... and I don't like seeing lady skaters looking like sticks.

Custom Title
    Striking pair, couldn't take my eyes off them (reminiscent of Donlan & Speroff of the USA), but holy cow she needs to put on a couple of pounds or more, she's a walking human stick (reminiscent of that female pair I think of Pang & Tong? And also Mao Asada unfortunately).

If she put on a few pounds she would be able to land the jumps. I like their style, but they need to land the jumps.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    They had a nice sbs jump. But that flip throw was nothing like S/S's.
    Their twist is too low and crashy even for a double.
    As a junior pair, they were competitive with T/T. Going into seniors, T/T are so far ahead of them, even with a bunch of mistakes. This team is no world champion.
    Not even in five years? And fair enough on the flip - I was just floored with her landing position - so perfect and gorgeous flow. I've been excited about them for a couple years, though, so definitely rooting for them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast