Pairs SP, Friday 11/18/11 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP, Friday 11/18/11

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Why all the talk about jet lag? This is not Asia. The N A skaters are doing it during their waking hours.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Best split triple twist of the day, then she falls, ugh. :eek: And the forward landing on the throw jump not good. I don't like this RUS pairs style. Give me K&S any day over this novice pair. :p

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Heh. The triple twist was so big that she fell on the pushout. Wierd. I know I'm supposed to dislike this program, but I think it works for them. She's just ferocious.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Which is devastating, because they were spot on for the first half - the step sequence was ridiculous, that flip was S/S-esque, and the choreography was fascinating. S/K are a team for the next generation though - I can see them as world champions.

They had a nice sbs jump. But that flip throw was nothing like S/S's.
Their twist is too low and crashy even for a double.
As a junior pair, they were competitive with T/T. Going into seniors, T/T are so far ahead of them, even with a bunch of mistakes. This team is no world champion.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
Best split triple twist of the day, then she falls, ugh. :eek: And the forward landing on the throw jump not good. I don't like this RUS pairs style. Give me K&S any day over this novice pair. :p

Novice?? Have you been smoking something, or is it something that I and basically everyone else are missing? :p

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
WTH Eurosport keeps accusing me of using 3 devices and ending the stream. Same thing when I open a new window.

B/L - it looked to me (non-skater) like he didn't throw her hard enough. (She fell.) Now has he gained weight and she lost weight since last season? They just don't look matched... and I don't like seeing lady skaters looking like sticks.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Striking pair, couldn't take my eyes off them (reminiscent of Donlan & Speroff of the USA), but holy cow she needs to put on a couple of pounds or more, she's a walking human stick (reminiscent of that female pair I think of Pang & Tong? And also Mao Asada unfortunately). :cry:

If she put on a few pounds she would be able to land the jumps. I like their style, but they need to land the jumps.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
They had a nice sbs jump. But that flip throw was nothing like S/S's.
Their twist is too low and crashy even for a double.
As a junior pair, they were competitive with T/T. Going into seniors, T/T are so far ahead of them, even with a bunch of mistakes. This team is no world champion.

Not even in five years? And fair enough on the flip - I was just floored with her landing position - so perfect and gorgeous flow. I've been excited about them for a couple years, though, so definitely rooting for them.

katia

On the Ice
skate figuring

I have the same problem. They also accusing me of having 3 devices in household.
And that's it. Can't see anything more.

Nadine

Record Breaker
All in all an ugly competition, both aesthetically and in terms of skating. :disapp:

FlattFan

Match Penalty

It's not Russian style. It's Morosov style. They are gross and lewd and a bit sad. I don't feel any joy watching them at all. Give me K&S any day, too.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
B/L - it looked to me (non-skater) like he didn't throw her hard enough. (She fell.) Now has he gained weight and she lost weight since last season? They just don't look matched... and I don't like seeing lady skaters looking like sticks.

SERIOUSLY.

Duhamel/Radford win on TES, fourth on PCS. (second overall)

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2011/SEG005.HTM

Pl. Name Nation TSS
= TES
+ PCS
+ SS TR PE CH IN Ded.
- StN.
1 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 63.69 33.01 31.68 8.14 7.64 7.82 8.00 8.00 1.00 #7
2 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN 61.06 34.06 27.00 6.93 6.50 6.71 6.86 6.75 0.00 #4
3 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV RUS 59.06 30.88 29.18 7.46 7.11 7.29 7.36 7.25 1.00 #8
4 Amanda EVORA / Mark LADWIG USA 57.69 29.83 28.86 7.25 6.93 7.32 7.25 7.32 1.00 #6
5 Jessica DUBE / Sebastien WOLFE CAN 53.24 28.23 25.01 6.46 5.82 6.32 6.32 6.32 0.00 #1
6 Huibo DONG / Yiming WU CHN 49.27 27.44 21.83 5.75 5.18 5.46 5.57 5.32 0.00 #3
7 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS 48.81 25.38 25.43 6.54 6.21 6.25 6.43 6.36 2.00 #5
8 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 44.86 21.98 22.88 5.86 5.50 5.64 5.89 5.71 0.00 #2

Seriously, does anyone know anything about B/L? Last year they seemed exquisite to me, despite errors, but this year... meh. I feel bad for them.

I'm not crazy about D/R but it sounds like they had the best skate of the comp.

Re: jet lag - you can get it with a coast-to-coast flight (which my husband is about to do), let alone a 6-hr time difference. It would affect different people differently. But I don't really know what would account for all the blah skates today.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Russians under a curse today. He dropped her or she fell out of their twist!
I think he pulled her shirt a little, that looosy part, while she was landing, that's why she fell. Will check the moment later again on youtube. But if my guess is right, they definitely have to change her costume.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Not even in five years? And fair enough on the flip - I was just floored with her landing position - so perfect and gorgeous flow. I've been excited about them for a couple years, though, so definitely rooting for them.

They might be grand prix medal contenders in a few years, but world champion? I don't think so. Not enough pedigree. Did not win anything important as a junior pair. The other young pair coached by Moskvina will get more mileage than this pair for Russia.