Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP, 11/18/11

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join IN immediately. Sorry, don't know other sources.

Good start by Sonia L from Mexico.

Custom Title
    Oops, sorry, missed most of Sonia's, but what I saw looked decent.

Can't wait to see these new skaters I've never saw before, like the one from France!

Custom Title
    BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!

Who is this new French gal!?! She's exquisite, everything about her, the depth & height of her jumps, the costume, beauty, stag jumps, leaps, program, choreography, music, et al. I have a BRAND NEW FAVORITE!!!!

Oh, I like Yrethe Silete on first viewing. Those long legs! She has great line and the program has potential to be very good, IMO. Her pained facial expression needs some attention.

Custom Title
    Her name is Yretha Silete!

Custom Title
    Lol this little French girl reminds me of a 10 yr. old gymnast (reminiscent of Sasha Cohen looking so young & pretty).

Btw, was her program an homage to Josephine Baker? Because the outfit she wore reminded me of Josephine's famous "Banana Girl" one.

Lena Marocco... haven't seen her before. She's totally adorable but this program has way too much hip wiggling considering how many technical weaknesses she has. Skating first, young lady. Wiggles can wait.

Custom Title
    ps: if Yretha would've landed her 2A I'm sure she would've been in first, but what I saw of her was truly exquisite, my kind of skater, beauty & power combined! :loved:

Custom Title
    way to go Liz!

Queen Tut does it again. This child is astounding. What aplomb! And those who say she lacks artistry are nuts. She'll get better with years but this was a fierce tango.

Custom Title
    I really really cannot stand the pedestrian music & choreography of this program, it doesn't do a great skater like Elizaveta justice. Her PCS should really be subpar, but her jumps & spins are exquisite, especially that huge 2A with arm overhead!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^The choreo is done by Lambiel

Oh she is gonna be a drama diva, I love Liza!!! YEY!
    Doing the happy dance!
    Last edited by seniorita; 11-18-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Custom Title
    I just looked up Yretha Silete's bio on the ISU site, and she's only 17 yrs. old, ahhhh what a JOY it's going to be for me to watch her over the years!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I really really cannot stand the pedestrian music & choreography of this program, it doesn't do a great skater like Elizaveta justice. Her PCS should really be subpar, but her jumps & spins are exquisite, especially that huge 2A with arm overhead!
    Adios Nonino? I didn't like it much, until I realized the problem was the muzakked versions of it skaters so often use. Nadine - during the warmup or the zamboni break after this group, check out this version of Adios Nonino, performed at the Dutch royal wedding in 2002. If that doesn't convince you that it is not pedestrian, nothing will.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast