Ladies SP, 11/18/11 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP, 11/18/11

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol this little French girl reminds me of a 10 yr. old gymnast (reminiscent of Sasha Cohen looking so young & pretty). :)

Btw, was her program an homage to Josephine Baker? Because the outfit she wore reminded me of Josephine's famous "Banana Girl" one. :)

Lena Marocco... haven't seen her before. She's totally adorable but this program has way too much hip wiggling considering how many technical weaknesses she has. Skating first, young lady. Wiggles can wait.

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: if Yretha would've landed her 2A I'm sure she would've been in first, but what I saw of her was truly exquisite, my kind of skater, beauty & power combined! :loved:

Queen Tut does it again. This child is astounding. What aplomb! And those who say she lacks artistry are nuts. She'll get better with years but this was a fierce tango.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I really really cannot stand the pedestrian music & choreography of this program, it doesn't do a great skater like Elizaveta justice. Her PCS should really be subpar, but her jumps & spins are exquisite, especially that huge 2A with arm overhead! :love:

seniorita

Record Breaker
^The choreo is done by Lambiel

Oh she is gonna be a drama diva, I love Liza!!! YEY!
Doing the happy dance!

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I just looked up Yretha Silete's bio on the ISU site, and she's only 17 yrs. old, ahhhh what a JOY it's going to be for me to watch her over the years!!!!! :yay: :love: :yay:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I really really cannot stand the pedestrian music & choreography of this program, it doesn't do a great skater like Elizaveta justice. Her PCS should really be subpar, but her jumps & spins are exquisite, especially that huge 2A with arm overhead! :love:
Adios Nonino? I didn't like it much, until I realized the problem was the muzakked versions of it skaters so often use. Nadine - during the warmup or the zamboni break after this group, check out this version of Adios Nonino, performed at the Dutch royal wedding in 2002. If that doesn't convince you that it is not pedestrian, nothing will.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry, no time, Elizaveta doesn't do justice to the music imho. And I won't budge from that assessment, now onto the next group, ole! :cool:

gold12345

Medalist
I like Elizaveta's music... I just think she needs to mature presentation wise. Overall though, obviously, she was wonderful today. Her jumping is to die for!

Nadine

Record Breaker
She's got the jumps but nothing else imho. Her countrywoman, Yretha Silete, is miles ahead of her as far as line, presentation, artistry, and feel for the music goes. And Mae *needs* to get rid of the stocking over boots look, as they make her look sloppy/unkempt/bulky. Jmho.

She didn't even really have the jumps today. I agree otherwise. Also the costume doesn't flatter her amazonian look.

Very nice skate from Viktoria Helgesson. Take that, French announcers who announced Murakami out of place. That's the best I've ever seen from her. What a jolt of confidence will do for a skater!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, totally missed Viktoria's skate, my computer crashed. :cry:

But I recall thinking "boy, here I thought Cynthia Phanuef was a diva, no way, Viktoria has her won, she takes even longer to get out to the ice". :love: :laugh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Holy cow her mule kick is just as bad as Tara Lipinski's! :eek: And she needs to work on her leg line, but not a bad skate, good in fact, like how she uses her fingertips. :)

Murakami looks ecstatic. She did nicely but she'll get dinged, I imagine, for the mule kick and step out on the 3F combo. But I love her style and look. She's grown up fast. One of my favorites.