Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP, 11/18/11

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Drat! Carolina slipped and fell on FW! I hate that!

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Oh Caro... :x what happened...good skate except for that weird fall.

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    Carolina should win this
    Your jinxing powers are uncanny!

Custom Title
    Another darn, my computer crashed at the beginning of Carolina's skate, so I don't know what she did, did she land her jumps?

Still, her & Alissa should be close, Carolina's loooong colt legs never end, and when she's on she is exquisite.

Custom Title
    oh dear...crazy slip. I enjoy this program so much though.

I love Alissa's program - but boy, I wish for her to rotate those jumps and jump with power....other than that, it is lovely to watch her skate. I do agree that the plastered on smile is annoying, but I appreciate how hard she is trying to give the "whole package" kind of performance.

She touched down on her 3Lo I believe. ETA: SkateBarbie says 3S.

Well, she still beat out Alissa. There is a God.

IMO this was a better competition than the men's. Almost everyone skated well and there were some nice surprises.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 11-18-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Custom Title
    ps: to whomever said Alissa has an unnatural fixed smile, I agree, always have, but today it went with the program. Still, I don't like the unnatural cheshire smile; I recall Jason telling her to smile last year at Nationals, in the K&C, and she put that fixed on colgate smile on. My only complaint.

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Another darn, my computer crashed at the beginning of Carolina's skate, so I don't know what she did, did she land her jumps?
    3T-3T, 3L possibly with a slight touch down (but rotated), great 2A. But then she spilled on her footwork. :(

Custom Title
    Well that was fun, way better than pairs, and I got introduced to a new favorite ~ Yretha Silete! As well as in Mens, I'm now a fan of Romain Ponsart. I love it when that happens, I add more exquisite skaters to my list of FAVS!

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    ^ I think it was a 3T-2jump

Holy cow her mule kick is just as bad as Tara Lipinski's! And she needs to work on her leg line, but not a bad skate, good in fact, like how she uses her fingertips.
    yeah, that mule kick reminds me of one of the American baby ballerina's a few years back...names escapes me at the moment.

Caroline Zhang? Let's hope Murakami doesn't experience the same slide.

Anyone else feel Meite was gifted? I thought Silete was much better.

ps: to whomever said Alissa has an unnatural fixed smile, I agree, always have, but today it went with the program. Still, I don't like the unnatural cheshire smile; I recall Jason telling her to smile last year at Nationals, in the K&C, and she put that fixed on colgate smile on. My only complaint.
    Audrey who Alissa is channelling (I believe) did smile a lot but Audrey wasn't plastic, she had other expressions than just a smile. For most of the time I think the smile works, but I actually fine the constant and only smile to be off putting. Everything else is beautiful (arms, head etc).

Custom Title
    Just when I was thinking "it's so nice to see Carolina skating so well and with confidence", she goes down on the steps. Still, it's her first fall this season and her third competition, which, for Carolina, must be a record or something

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    She touched down on her 3Lo I believe. ETA: SkateBarbie says 3S.

Well, she still beat out Alissa. There is a God.

IMO this was a better competition than the men's. Almost everyone skated well and there were some nice surprises.
    See, I just don't get the gush over Caro. IMHO, her long limbs and height makes her awkward. Reminds me of Buteryskya which you all know I'm not a fan of (thou Caro has softer knees). Alissa is somehow able to make her height a asset - though I agree this was not her best performance. In the end, I think Alissa's scores were correct and I thought Caro's technical scores were too high but would agree with the overall placements.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast