Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Short Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Virtue/Moir's SD makes me sad. We have to watch this all season long but we only got to see their fair superior FD once.
    Heh. Agreed about missing their FD.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Oh, me too, on that FD ! ( and it only makes me resent the use of that opening cut by I/K more ..not fair, I know. )

I looked at the program again on YouTube..yikes, on the lift. I'm oddly unconcerned about her dress. I'm sure we'll see another at least at World's, but maybe for GPF , and I would prefer a warm colour.

I thought I noticed some more tweaks to the program , and there may be more coming.. but I agree that overall, I liked the SC performance better. ( same for my precious C/L)
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 11-19-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Rinkside
    it feels like the biggest problem with the sd is the fd. the sd is just never going to measure up how great people think the fd was or could have been. the opening was better. the lifts were better. both were sexier. it was better here. it was better there. a significant amount of criticism of the sd is how it's not the fd. despite the fact that tessa and scott said that they wanted the same music but would not repeat anything -- from the cuts to the movement -- so many fans don't want to move on.

personally, i enjoyed it.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I meant to say far* superior but I'm sure you guys understood.

As for I/K, their opening cut actually has a different voice doing the lyrics in comparison V/M's FD cut....a very monotone voice. It's not nearly as effective, although I do admire the moxy I/K have been putting into the performance.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    IN cut out on me during Tessa & Scott's performance in a big time way, so I'm back watching it this AM

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir CAN
    SD Mujer Latina by Thalia , Temptation by Diana Krall (rumba), and HipHip Chin Chin by Club des Belugas
    She's in the same blue cheerleader costume from SC. Usually she has a new dress by 4CCs; this year, it will be a good thing.
    They have updated their posing section-nicer & more natural than at SC
    I don't like the first HipHip Chin Chin music cut.
    2nd rhumba not quite as sharp as at SC; at least one visible glitch by Scott
    twizzles he's faster than she is, but unison good
    They seem to have been working on facial expressions and hands/arms
    new lift in Temptation looking smoother; still needs work
    circular step OK
    Little spin he gives her at the end not as smooth as SC.
    Should go easily into lead, based on edges and speed.

Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat FRA
    SD "Carnival in Rio"; "Mas Que Nada" ; Composer: Ben Jorge ; Orchestra : Sergio Mendes; "Batucada" ; Composer : Abacaxi
    "Real In Rio" ; Composer : Sergio Mendes

They are wearing the same Tourists in Rio costumes they did as SA
    Really, they have great speed.
    nice to see Fabian healthy again, even if in offgreen striped pajama pants!
    energetic posing
    mas que nada
    lift is still a rather messy by complex one with too much crotch showing during the exit part
    first rhumba nice with good speed
    circular step decent; fairly close together
    Real in Rio
    twizzles not clear they were meant to cross like that, but pretty good
    he back flips over her hip to end.
    Crowd explodes; what there is of it
    66.52 season's best

As to V&M's SD, yes the FD was better, but all FD's are better than all SD's. It's like using pieces of your destroyed old house to build a garage. I'm sure the blue dress will go...and it's a good thing.

I liked C&L's program better here; their rhumba was much better here. (and protocols show they got level 4's on both sequences; first time on the GP for any team)

Custom Title
    I noticed at Skate America that Pechalat & Bourzat increased their speed overall despite his being ill. I like their SD, as much as I like anyone's SD, but still think it was ragged in parts so I don't think he's 100% yet. The Italians look improved this season. I&K still have problems. He is all over the place, looks totally uncontrolled - wild. Don't know that they ever will be the potential gold medalists they were hyped to be by Sochi, which is why I think the Russian Fed is pushing Bobrova.

Russian dance ranking reminds me a little of the pre-primary campaign for president in the US. The Republicans aren't in love with Romney, but their attempts to find someone better have so far met with little success. Bobrova/Soloviev is their Romney.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Russian dance ranking reminds me a little of the pre-primary campaign for president in the US. The Republicans aren't in love with Romney, but their attempts to find someone better have so far met with little success. Bobrova/Soloviev is their Romney.
    LOL, so true. Last season it seemed the Russian Fed didn't really make an effort to "push" anyone, waiting to see which couple would make the jump to top tier, and decided this season that Bobrova/Soloviev was their best bet.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Wonder who will be their Newt.

Perhaps one of the couples coming up from juniors? They have some very, very good ones this year.

If one of the teams get 9 9 9 in their levels, we'll know who they are.

Medalist
    Btw they're pushing IK a little as well, just in case

I too think Sara and Adria bring something very interesting for a team that hasn't been around a long time, they have very interesting lifts that demand a lot of strength, and now it¡s all gaining experience. I hope we get to see more of them.

I like the lifts they do! I wonder whether they invent them themselves, or whether their coach does?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yunafan1860 View Post
    Btw they're pushing IK a little as well, just in case
    I/K being beaten so soundly here by C/L does not bode well for the russian Olympic medalists wannabe. Not much of a progress this season thusfar.
    The reality is they are not as great as advertised.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast