2Lz
3S
ChSt
2A+2T
CCoSp

Last edited:

jettasian

Match Penalty
Nan Song has the jumps, but nothing else. But he has great potential for sure.

Sequinegalore, I think he double one of the jumps.

sorcerer

Final Flight
?Not sure. Kozuka has the exact same medals as he does but higher scores, right?
So that means Chan, Brezina, Takahashi, Kozuka for sure, then Fernandez, Abbott, and Song fighting out for the last two slots.

No, Song has 450.85 where Kozuka has only 447.11, so as of now the order is:
Chan, Takahashi, Brezina, Song, Kozuka.
Whether Kozuka can go to GPF depends on the outcome of Fernandez and Abbot.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The Chinese federation has promised that Song will get top notch choreography overseas now that he has made a name for himself at COC and would be accepted by top choreographers.

CassAgain

On the Ice
Haven't seen any of the videos except Song--and WOW! So much potential there. His solid jumps plus some under-developed showmanship, and he's pretty adorable. Seems like a winning combination for someone to really work with and showcase.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Patrick Chan

4T
4T+3T
2A
CiSt - fall
FCCoSp - nice height on death drop
3Lz - hand down, stepout
3Lo
3F
CSSp
2Lz - stepout
2A
ChSt
CCoSp

Looks disappointed and a bit pale... did the French serve some bad food, that only Song did not eat?

Last edited:

skatinginbc

Medalist
Can someone enlighten me on this? Where did Chan's deduction come from? I didn't see him "fall". I saw him put both his hands down twice, one on the footwork and the other on the jump. Which one was counted as a "fall"?

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Parick looked pale, tired, and even gaunt when not smiling.

He messed up many jumps, especially the combos, and then 2A was repeated. Good things he landed those quads so well. The program was beautiful and spins well done.

Something is definitely not right in Paris. Disppointing event for this late in the series.

eta. I think he really kept fighting and not let the program collapse like Oda did. It's important to keep the PCS when the jumps are not all there.

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Certainly looks like an unusual number of skaters are not themselves. One I can see, but Chan and Oda off, Reynolds withdrawing from stomach troubles...Napoleon's Revenge? Bad escargot last night? Maybe Nan Song stuck with the Chinese food and escaped the malady.

I hope whatever is ailing the Men, doesn't carry over to the other skaters in the other disciplines. :eek:

fscric

On the Ice
Certainly looks like an unusual number of skaters are not themselves. One I can see, but Chan and Oda off, Reynolds withdrawing from stomach troubles...Napoleon's Revenge? Bad escargot last night? Maybe Nan Song stuck with the Chinese food and escaped the malady.

I hope whatever is ailing the Men, doesn't carry over to the other skaters in the other disciplines. :eek:

I was thinking the same thing.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
Amazing how Chan does 2 quads, then falls on nothing, guess cuz he's always so deep on his edges. Beautiful program anyway.

His body weight went too far back to be able to control it, and therefore he fell. It goes to show how small the margins are when you are constantly trying to get out of the body core. :) Makes everything way more difficult.

A true champion does not fall, as Sonja Henie used to say "a fall is the kiss of death", as it should be...

In the days of Sonja Henie, risk taking was rare, and jumps weren't that important. ;)

Can someone enlighten me on this? Where did Chan's deduction come from? I didn't see him "fall". I saw him put both his hands down twice, one on the footwork and the other on the jump. Which one was counted as a "fall"?

The deduction came from the fall in the first step sequence. When the body weight is transferred from the blades to the hands, it counts as a fall.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It seems most of Patrick's problems came from physical weakness - the jumps and even the FW fall was likely also due to lack of strength for his normal control. He wasn't able to make it look easy this time. His energy was spent after the quads. As I observed last night, he was even tired and a little out of breath after the SP, something I had never seen from him. (Or was it boredom and desperation? :rolleye: }

Hope everybody recovers and does his best at the GPF.

genki

On the Ice
just watched guys long.

Oda,:cry: Does anybody knows what happened? Japanese report said that he was great in practice. I do not know why?

Chan: He made a lot of progress in artistry. This is much better than the short, which looks like he pastes on fake smile and fake act all the time.
but so many mistakes. He still wins, which I sadly expected after watching his blah long today. Maybe we are getting used to this. Falls win, falls win
falls win. I do not tell you what to say anymore. Somebody should do something about the jugging system, or many would stop watching the sports.

Nan son: I love him. His skating is so rough, but it is like looking at the diamond before the polish. He will scintillate like crazy in the future. Can not wait.

So any infectious disease going around there in Paris?:eek:

I noticed this time that Patrick's flying sit was very small. Is that usual for him or another sign of fatigue/illness/whatever?

havefun

Rinkside
Jet lag......it's like skating at 5 to 6 am for those based out of north America. The muscles don't fire as quickly at that time of day.