Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Free Skate, Sat. 11/19 at 7:30 am EST

Custom Title
    I doubt that Chan and Reynolds traveled together, as Reynolds trains in BC and Chan in Denver CO, USA.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Re: my previous comment on Patrick's small flying sit, I just took a look at his SC SP and it seems he just doesn't have a big one.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I only watched Oda and feel depressed, from the comments it seems like a dull competition. I ll look for Song's Lp on YT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    She really stuck to the ISU b/c her landing on *one foot* should've been allowed, as long as the jump takes off on one and lands on one foot, that's all that matters.
    IIRC jumps are also supposed to take off of a defined edge... backflips are done on a flat.

Custom Title
    congratulations to all medal winners.

patrick chan, nan son, michael brezina.

congrat to adam for coming in 3 in the free skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by genki View Post
    ....but so many mistakes. He still wins, which I sadly expected after watching his blah long today. Maybe we are getting used to this. Falls win, falls win
    falls win. I do not tell you what to say anymore. Somebody should do something about the jugging system, or many would stop watching the sports.
    ITA.

Unfortunately, I was certain he would win today, regardless of how he skated. The new system works in such a way that the PCS marks can elevate anyone they choose, regardless of how poorly they execute the elements. "Transitions" are a favorite excuse for this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodhiyel View Post
    ITA.

Unfortunately, I was certain he would win today, regardless of how he skated. The new system works in such a way that the PCS marks can elevate anyone they choose, regardless of how poorly they execute the elements. "Transitions" are a favorite excuse for this.
    So can you or Genki explain and support who should have won, under the current scoring system if you don't mind? I don't suppose you have a new system completely worked out that would be all encompassing and fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    In the days of Sonja Henie, risk taking was rare,...
    I think that is what the complaints are all about. There isn't any risk.

If you fall, you still win. What have you risked?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    So can you or Genki explain and support who should have won, under the current scoring system if you don't mind? I don't suppose you have a new system completely worked out that would be all encompassing and fair.
    Not long ago I noticed some PCS scores that showed much too high a divergence among the judges; for starters on improving the system, I suggest that judges not enjoy anonymity.

As to Chan, I notice that he did a 3A in the SP, but not in the FS, whereas Song, who also executed a 4T and a 4T+3T, was brave enough to include a 3A in his FS. A male champion should be brave enough not to have to choose between attempting quad jumping and attempting the triple axel. He should be brave enough to try both in the same free programme. I cannot help but admire courage in an athlete. Song obviously has plenty of that.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^ to break a bone?

Banned
    Oda's PCS was down to 5-6 range today. Do you guys believe Chan will get an Oda-like PCS score if he bombs like Oda did today? or will the judges will continue to hold him up?

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorita
    ^ to break a bone?
    ^ Artists must suffer for their art.
    Last edited by Mathman; 11-19-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Custom Title
    I was certain who would win today, and yes he did. And I'm happy with it. The difference between Chan's skating and others in this competition was like day and night, even a non-skater like me can clearly see it. Chan's performance was like a cut, polished diamond with some chips in it. For me, I can ignore those chips and see sparkles and brilliance here and there. I like "transitions". Many things going on--and I like it that way. Of course, I speak only for myself. I respect others who might have a different taste.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    If you fall, you still win. What have you risked?
    That's a good argument. Very good argument.

Custom Title
    So Dodhiyel, your answer to my question is that Song should have won on Bravery? Is that the most impirtant and determining component? Are there other Program Components in your system? Do you admire Chan when he does 2 quads and a 3A in his LP?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast