Pairs Free Skate, Sat. 11/19 at 9:30 am EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate, Sat. 11/19 at 9:30 am EST

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Preferred the Russians yesterday. The music seemed to big for them and not the best cut. He seemed to stuggle a bit in the lifts. I still like them a lot though.

Impressed by the French, much better than I expected. The Chinese great technically but pretty poor otherwise, scored higher than the French in PCS, not sure I would agree.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Dube and Wolf just blew a lift :eek:

and I just had IN reset for the first time today

Scores so far

1 Huibo DONG / Yiming WU CHN 98.48 53.85 45.63 6.14 5.39 5.64 5.82 5.54 1.00 #3
2 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 88.45 45.75 43.70 5.71 5.21 5.43 5.57 5.39 1.00 #1
3 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS 88.25 43.08 46.17 6.14 5.61 5.68 5.79 5.64 1.00 #2

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Dube/Wolfe

2LzTw
3S
Li
2A+2A+SEQ - he stumbles on last 2A
BiDs
FCCoSp - she wobbles a bit on entrance, poor unison in the end
3LoTh
ChSp
3LzTh
Li
Li - can't get her up, set her down early
PCoSp

Nadine

Record Breaker
Really whacked performance by the Canadians, almost stopped watching, but them they came back a tad stronger at the end (still their pair spin at the very end travelled all over the place).

Lol, and I find it funny that the female is in charge in this pair couple, but then again she is older and has more experience, so I really should not find it amusing to see her call out during their sbs spins. :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Dube and Wolfe's music is
Sense of Doubt from "Heroes" ; Neuköln from "Heroes"; VS Schneider from "Heroes" by Philip Glass

and between them and it, I dozed off once in the middle of the program

Nadine

Record Breaker
Seems like everything is taking sooooooooooooo long now. *insert sleep emoticon, lol*

Seriously, funny my computer doesn't crash during the pairs (which I wouldn't mind at all), but does during the mens (which I do mind). Go figure....

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Evora/Ladwig

3FTw
3T - held on, but landed
3LzTh
2A+1Lo+2S - she fell hard on 2A, did not complet combo
BiDs
CCoSp - off unison in the end
3LoTh
Li
ChSp
Li
PCoSp
Li

Solid performance except her fall. Will it be enough for a medal?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Amanda & Mark had amazing lifts, including a great (noncounting) dance lift.

Too bad about the fall on the 2A.

Nadine, I really don't know what you're talking about re: Dong and Wu's chunky lines.

Anyway. E/L will probably go into 1st but that wasn't a great skate. Their lifts don't have the wow factor this season. I think she may have put on a little weight and maybe he just can't hoist her properly. I love this music for skating. Program has potential.

ETA: OK, my word against Doris's. Who are you going to believe? LOL. Please don't answer that!

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, the whole time, every beat of the music I could see Sarah Hughes magical 2002 Olympic FS, and then in the middle G&G's exquisite 1994 Olympic Exhibition performance, finally ending with Sarah Hughes again. *misty-eyed here* :love: :love: :love:

Sarah opened with an easy 2A, followed up by a light as a feather 3S/3R, then came the 3L/2T & 3F/2T, followed by a lovely spiral and spin, then the glorious 3T/3R! Then comes G&G's music wherein Katia & Sergei skated as one, finally ending with Sarah's music again wherein she was like a fairy running down the ice during the fw section (stag jump), finally ending with a 3T, followed by a magnificent split falling leaf and ending with a fast scratch spin, tada! :cool: Ahhhh, memories....

Kinga

Medalist
Too me their lifts do have a wow factor :)
I loved the costume color.
3T seemed ured by her.
Was their pair spin correct, since he lifted her off the ice and was spinning by himself?

A SB for B/L, I think. Did she double one of her SBS jumps?

They must have eaten Chinese. : )

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Bazarova/Larinov

3T - ok
3FTw - nice height
3FTh - also nice
2A+2A+SEQ - hers not very high, but landed
PCoSp
ChSt
Li
3LoTh
Li
FCCoSp - ok unison
Li
BiDs

A surprisingly nice performance from them, should be enough for bronze, perhaps even silver

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wondered about the pair spin. I think they might have lost a level on it. They had enough revs in for at least level one before that, but I'm not sure about the pairs rules for spins. In dance, the trouble is that a lift even in a spin counts as a lift. But in pairs, a lift has to go overhead. So I'm not sure whether a dance lift in the middle of a pair spin is a lift or a feature ;)

Nadine

Record Breaker
BRAVO! :love:

Now this is the closest to the classic RUS style that one gets nowadays. I can just sit back, relax, and enjoy. :cool:

Still, no cigar, she needs to gain a few pounds.

Elena Bereznhyia had the best stretch, carriage, and magnificent legs & toepoint out of all of them (even Katia).

As Toller Cranston once famously said so many skaters skate to different kinds of music, but there is not replacement for the classics, there is no substitute for beauty). So true. Btw, he said this during Janet Lynn's heavenly skate to "The Blue Danube". :)