Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP, 11/19/11

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Yep, and the comparisons continue, Mao won practically everything (including the GPF) her first time on the senior scene, just like Elizaveta.
    Actually, Mao did not win both of her GP events as a junior. Liza just did.

Also, Mao had won everything the previous season as a junior, but Liza lost twice to Adelina.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    truly embarassing technical content. 3s, 3t, 3lo, that's it.
    ita

Rinkside
    I loved Liza's fluid arm movements. I wouldn't recommend her taking after Alissa's arm movements, aka telegraphing.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Actually, Mao did not win both of her GP events as a junior. Liza just did.

Also, Mao had won everything the previous season as a junior, but Liza lost twice to Adelina.
    Actually I feel Adelina is more like Mao and Liza is more like Yuna if we're talking rivalries. Yuna was definitely second to Mao while they were both in juniors...but Yuna began to be competitive during the GP series winning the final both in 2007 and 2008. (though Mao would beat her come worlds in 2007 and 2008).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by scriabina View Post
    She looks so tense and stiff and CAUTIOUS on the ice now and her programs are SO watered down they're deathly boring. She telegraphs her jumps horribly, even the easy double axel! It's so sad. I used to be a big fan.
    I think you defined the next challenge in Alissa Czisny's skating. Becoming comfortable enough with her jumps so that she doesn't have to worry about them as much and can focus on other things. However, that's an enormous challenge!

Custom Title
    Great skate by Tut. I would have her first in the Free. Bar the flip, rock solid on the jumps. I like her presenation of the programme, for sure it can be improved but there is a lot worse.

Enjoyed Kostners skate as always but only afterwards realised it was low on the jumps side. Was it five or six toe loops she done? Two triples and 3/4 doubles. I like Czisny style, she is probably the US number one now.

Edgy Details
    Alissa must add some transitions to her program, no doubt.
    And as much as I like Carolina's SP, the score for that tech content... Not right. PCS makes up too much for that. In comparison to Tut, Carolinas layout is a joke.

The ordinals for the top three are a kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Actually I feel Adelina is more like Mao and Liza is more like Yuna if we're talking rivalries. Yuna was definitely second to Mao while they were both in juniors...but Yuna began to be competitive during the GP series winning the final both in 2007 and 2008. (though Mao would beat her come worlds in 2007 and 2008).
    I totally agree with this. Also Adelina has the flexibility and lovely spin positions of Mao, whereas Liza has the excellent jumping technique of Yu-Na. It'll be exciting to see how the two match up in the future. Will it be Yu-Na vs. Mao 2.0? (Except more epic with them both being from Russia and 2014 Olympics being in Sochi? )
    Last edited by LeCygne; 11-19-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I too disagree with Nadine re: Alissa's arms. In fact, I wish she would wear long gloves. She has no waltz style at all, maybe the gloves would help.

Does it seem like the judges were a bit too free with their SBs in this event?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Yep, and the comparisons continue, Mao won practically everything (including the GPF) her first time on the senior scene, just like Elizaveta.
    Slutskaya crushed Mao at Cup of China with something like 20 points and Liza won both of her GPs so at this point she's better than Mao. We'll see how she will do in GPF. Has Czisny qualified too?

Custom Title
    Hooray for Liza!

Custom Title
    Czisny's jumps are sooo ugly and distracting even when she lands them.

Glad that Carolina was rewarded with higher PCS than Czisny. Watching them back to back on TV shows the difference: Czisny is constantly preparing for her painful jumps and when it comes to flow Caro is miles ahead.

Custom Title
    Not surprised Alissa won the free, the judges know beautiful balletic skating when they see it ~ carriage, position, posture, plie, et al, impeccable.

Lol and this coming from one that actually hated Alissa & her skating for sooooo long.

Alissa, you have made a fan out of me.

Now get to work on that 3/3!

Custom Title
    Not good that a 14 year old can win 2 GP competitions right out of the box like this. Says a lot about the other skaters i think.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast