FSSp
ChSp
1Lo+2A+SEQ
3F+2A+SEQ
3T
SlSt
3S+2Lo+2Lo
CCoSp

Why try 2 3Lo when it's her worst jump? She also took out 3/3 out of LP. Kanako is shooting herself in the back!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow Alissa won the long program.... interesting..

ETA: And I think Alissa is probably in the GPF too...

scriabina

Spectator
I'm not a fan of Czisny's skating anymore since she switched to S&D. Sure, she's able to land her jumps better, but at what price? She looks so tense and stiff and CAUTIOUS on the ice now and her programs are SO watered down they're deathly boring. She telegraphs her jumps horribly, even the easy double axel! It's so sad. I used to be a big fan.

How in the world did Czisny beat Tukt in the LP??? Tukt was the only program worth watching today and was miles above everyone else!

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yep, and the comparisons continue, Mao won practically everything (including the GPF) her first time on the senior scene, just like Elizaveta. :) ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm not a fan of Czisny's skating anymore since she switched to S&D. Sure, she's able to land her jumps better, but at what price? She looks so tense and stiff and CAUTIOUS on the ice now and her programs are SO watered down they're deathly boring. She telegraphs her jumps horribly, even the easy double axel! It's so sad. I used to be a big fan.

How in the world did Czisny beat Tukt in the LP??? Tukt was the only program worth watching today and was miles above everyone else!

I don't think it was that bad. Yeah she was stiff at parts, but she definitely eased up as the program went on...

jaylee

Medalist
Yep, and the comparisons continue, Mao won practically everything (including the GPF) her first time on the senior scene, just like Elizaveta. :) ;)

Actually, Mao did not win both of her GP events as a junior. Liza just did.

Also, Mao had won everything the previous season as a junior, but Liza lost twice to Adelina.

scriabina

Spectator
I loved Liza's fluid arm movements. I wouldn't recommend her taking after Alissa's arm movements, aka telegraphing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually, Mao did not win both of her GP events as a junior. Liza just did.

Also, Mao had won everything the previous season as a junior, but Liza lost twice to Adelina.

Actually I feel Adelina is more like Mao and Liza is more like Yuna if we're talking rivalries. Yuna was definitely second to Mao while they were both in juniors...but Yuna began to be competitive during the GP series winning the final both in 2007 and 2008. (though Mao would beat her come worlds in 2007 and 2008).

krenseby

Final Flight
She looks so tense and stiff and CAUTIOUS on the ice now and her programs are SO watered down they're deathly boring. She telegraphs her jumps horribly, even the easy double axel! It's so sad. I used to be a big fan.

I think you defined the next challenge in Alissa Czisny's skating. Becoming comfortable enough with her jumps so that she doesn't have to worry about them as much and can focus on other things. However, that's an enormous challenge!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Great skate by Tut. I would have her first in the Free. Bar the flip, rock solid on the jumps. I like her presenation of the programme, for sure it can be improved but there is a lot worse.

Enjoyed Kostners skate as always but only afterwards realised it was low on the jumps side. Was it five or six toe loops she done? Two triples and 3/4 doubles. I like Czisny style, she is probably the US number one now.

Kinga

Medalist
Alissa must add some transitions to her program, no doubt.
And as much as I like Carolina's SP, the score for that tech content... Not right. PCS makes up too much for that. In comparison to Tut, Carolinas layout is a joke.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Actually I feel Adelina is more like Mao and Liza is more like Yuna if we're talking rivalries. Yuna was definitely second to Mao while they were both in juniors...but Yuna began to be competitive during the GP series winning the final both in 2007 and 2008. (though Mao would beat her come worlds in 2007 and 2008).

I totally agree with this. Also Adelina has the flexibility and lovely spin positions of Mao, whereas Liza has the excellent jumping technique of Yu-Na. It'll be exciting to see how the two match up in the future. Will it be Yu-Na vs. Mao 2.0? (Except more epic with them both being from Russia and 2014 Olympics being in Sochi? :biggrin:)

Last edited:
I too disagree with Nadine re: Alissa's arms. In fact, I wish she would wear long gloves. She has no waltz style at all, maybe the gloves would help.

Does it seem like the judges were a bit too free with their SBs in this event?