Ladies LP, 11/19/11 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP, 11/19/11

Bartek

On the Ice
Yep, and the comparisons continue, Mao won practically everything (including the GPF) her first time on the senior scene, just like Elizaveta. :) ;)

Slutskaya crushed Mao at Cup of China with something like 20 points and Liza won both of her GPs so at this point she's better than Mao. We'll see how she will do in GPF. Has Czisny qualified too?

SXTN

Final Flight
Czisny's jumps are sooo ugly and distracting even when she lands them.

Glad that Carolina was rewarded with higher PCS than Czisny. Watching them back to back on TV shows the difference: Czisny is constantly preparing for her painful jumps and when it comes to flow Caro is miles ahead.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not surprised Alissa won the free, the judges know beautiful balletic skating when they see it ~ carriage, position, posture, plie, et al, impeccable.

Lol and this coming from one that actually hated Alissa & her skating for sooooo long.

Alissa, you have made a fan out of me. :bow:

Now get to work on that 3/3!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not good that a 14 year old can win 2 GP competitions right out of the box like this. Says a lot about the other skaters i think.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Re: Alissa being cautious. It's also early in the season. I think there is a lot of pressure on her this year as she is the No. 1 USA. When she was No. 1 USA in 2009 she crumbled badly with bad finishes at 4CC and Worlds. Then following that with a 10th place finish at the following year's nationals.

This time around she finished in the top 5 and I wouldn't be surprised if she was anxious of having to prove that last year was not a fluke. Esp. since there are plenty of other skaters who can usurp her.

And I'm sure the win at SA had an * next to it for her....

That said, I think Alissa can feel good that she handed down a clean skate today. That will help with her confidence.

I'm hoping come Nationals Alissa will be in tip-top shape.

scriabina

Spectator
Not surprised Alissa won the free, the judges know beautiful balletic skating when they see it ~ carriage, position, posture, plie, et al, impeccable.

Nadine, what is "beautiful" about Czisny's painfully long jump setups? The whole program consists mainly of her stalking jumps -- pathetically tiny jumps that barely leave the air and as a result are landed quite awkwardly.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I'm pretty sure the Grand Prix Final will be Elizaveta, Carolina, Akiko, Alissa, Mao, and Adelina. I don't think there's anyone else even on the verge of making it.. It'll definitely be an exciting six!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
She will be 15 in two - three weeks, better prepare her a cake.

yes but this is not a ballroom.

* and I disagree about posture. Or I see another skater. I think Wagner has more natural arms and straight back shoulders for example.

Last edited:

SXTN

Final Flight
Half of Czisny's jumps looked underrotated and she GOT NO DOWNGRADE AT ALL ON PAPER AND EVEN + GOE???

That is ridiculous.

enlight78

Medalist
I am proud of alissa, to bad her short program did her in. The only thing is it is obvious when she becomes super nervous. She drops some of the choreography and prep for the jumps really early. She had no falls this whole competition. Believe she qualified for the final again.

ranjake

Final Flight
Nadine, what is "beautiful" about Czisny's painfully long jump setups? The whole program consists mainly of her stalking jumps -- pathetically tiny jumps that barely leave the air and as a result are landed quite awkwardly.
I find it beautiful, too- though I realize opinions may vary. I like the control, I love her posture. I like the simplicity.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Elizavetah this young lady is going places, and to Caro and Alissa. Throughly enjoyed these ladies today. Sometimes I don't care about the jump layout, popped jumps or doubles, Alissa and Caro imo bring beauty to the ice and today I did not care about the points, I just enjoyed their skating. Also loved Murakami's program.

scriabina

Spectator
Re: Alissa being cautious. It's also early in the season. I think there is a lot of pressure on her this year as she is the No. 1 USA. When she was No. 1 USA in 2009 she crumbled badly with bad finishes at 4CC and Worlds. Then following that with a 10th place finish at the following year's nationals.

Yes, I don't doubt she is very nervous and under lots of pressure. But in competitive figure skating, the skaters should be judged on their skate regardless of extraneous issues affecting their skating, no?

I don't mean to bash Czisny but I'm just really disappointed in how her skating has evolved. And I don't think her coaches look particularly inspiring or stimulating. Look at what they did to poor Jeremy Abbott's jumps, which used to be quite big, and now are tiny a la Czisny's. I'm guessing they must advise their pupils to jump smaller so that they can land their jumps more consistently?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals.

Alissa - NO UR, no edge calls! No -GOE. I'm sure some of that would be up for debate.
Liza - Same (no calls; all postive GOE); she did lose points on her spins. (Level 2)
Carolina- Negative GOE on the 2F, as expected. Level 4 step sequence (nice!)
Kanako - edge call on the Lutz, level 2 step, everything else OK
Viktoria - edge call on her 2Z, UR 3F, negative GOE on 2Z, 3F, 3S.
Mae BErnice - edge call on the flip, level 2 spin and step.
Yretha - negative GOE on the 3Z an 3S she fell on, level 2 steps.
Sonia - all level 3 non jump elements--negative goe on 3F.
Lena - level one spin, level 2 step + spin. negative GOE on the 3T and 2A-2T-2L.

Breakdown coming!

LeCygne

Final Flight
Not a single -GOE for Elizaveta and Alissa.. I thought the judges were lenient with UR's.. Alissa and Kanako both looked like they were close on a bunch of jumps..