Ladies LP, 11/19/11 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP, 11/19/11

Jasper

Final Flight
Czisny was exquisite. I don't care about the 2A popped, besides that she was controlled and beautiful. Valse Triste is the perfect music for her to showcase her skills, one of my favorite songs.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow 121. The judges have spoken. Alissa, you don't need a 3-3.

ETA: Or, if you do the 3-3 You'll be closer to 130. :p

seniorita

Record Breaker
I dont understand technically why the circle with Alisa's arms when she sets up for jumps, but I dont skate so...It is just so distracting from the flow of the program, it is like a warm up.
But for all the transitions talks, this program doesnt have one.

artsciboy

On the Ice
I dont understand technically why the circle with Alisa's arms when she sets up for jumps, but I dont skate so...It is just so distracting from the flow of the program, it is like a warm up.
But for all the transitions talks, this program doesnt have one.

Exactly. And the judges are taking note to some degree. Her PCS were all in the 7's and 8's with the exception of the transition mark, which was 6.96 (still too high IMO).

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Exactly. And the judges are taking note to some degree. Her PCS were all in the 7's and 8's with the exception of the transition mark, which was 6.86 (still too high IMO).

Maybe lower 6's...but I don't see it dropping to 5, I don't think it was totally transitionless--especially when you compare it with the lower ranked skaters.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Carolina Kostner (ITA)

Music: Concerto No. 23 in A major for Piano and Orchestra by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

3Lo - very nice!
2F - stepout
ChSp
2A
FCSp - a bit wobbly
2A+2T
3T+2T+2T
3S - nice
3S+2T
SlSt
FCCoSp
CCoSp

Except for the botched 3F attempt, at very nice performance...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well it looks like Carolina did enough to win; just reflecting how ageless she is, still looks like she did when she first hit the senior scene years ago. Young colt, looong legs and limbs that go on forever and make her stand out like a regal queen (similar to Cynthia Phaneuf imho).

Without Yuna & Miki, I think the top ladies know they don't need 3/3s in order to win. Ah well, this is why I prefer mens instead.

Not sure why Alissa got an SB with the popped axel... but she excelled even herself in the Biellmann. Take note, French ladies!!!

I hope Carolina did enough to win. Not too sure about that though.

skateflower

Match Penalty
Carolina Kostner (ITA)

Music: Concerto No. 23 in A major for Piano and Orchestra by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

3Lo - very nice!
2F - stepout
ChSp
2A
FCSp - a bit wobbly
2A+2T
3T+2T+2T
3S - nice
3S+2T
SlSt
FCCoSp
CCoSp

Except for the botched 3F attempt, at very nice performance...

Truly embarassing technical content. 3s, 3t, 3lo, that's it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not sure why Alissa got an SB with the popped axel... but she excelled even herself in the Biellmann. Take note, French ladies!!!

I hope Carolina did enough to win. Not too sure about that though.

Alissa's jumps were definitely better today than at SA.

Wow that was close. Carolina wins it by a hair...

Um, I forgot about a certain little cool customer. Looks like Queen Tut has done it again. She's simply unflappable.

ETA: Someday we must see her and Johnny Weir skate together.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elizaveta Tuktamisheva (RUS)

Music: Latin Selection

3Lz+3T - nice, so solid!
3Lz
2F
2A+3T
CiSt
3Lo
ChSt
FSSp
CCoSp
3S+2T+2Lo
2A - 'tano
CoSp

Nice delivery, 6 clean triples... But will she score high enough to maintain her placement?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Watching Elizaveta is like watching Tara Lipinski & Mao Asada when they first hit the senior scene, though without the bad jumping technique of Tara. Such potential, but needs seasoning & maturity, not a natural in that department.

And I hate the extraneous use of her arms; she could learn a thing or two by watching how Alissa uses her arms, less is more. Back ramrod straight, perfect carriage, arms in a balletic attitude position. Not hunched over, mule kick, et al, like some skaters (aka Kanako for one).