Create 2 Programs worthy of 200+ points for the ladies! | Golden Skate

Create 2 Programs worthy of 200+ points for the ladies!

christinaskater

Medalist
I know there are some brilliant people here capable of creating an SP and LP program capable of scoring 200 + points :)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
It's rather easy on paper, performing it in competition is a different matter entirely.

christinaskater

Medalist
I think Akiko Suzuki, Carolina Kostner, Alissa Czisny, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Adelina Sotnikova and Mirai Nagasu will be the next skaters to challenge for 200!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I REALLY don't see Czisny pulling it off. Nagasu is talented enough to do it, but I also don't see that happening. That only four skaters did, and only one of them after the rule change (getting rid of the spiral in the SP, rendering it a ChSp in the LP) means that it's unlikely. The other four? Maybe.

Krislite

Medalist
With SP scores topping off at low to mid 60's, it would be a stretch for even the best of this rather weak ladies field to top 200 points. No one did at last year's Worlds.

The LP score ceiling is about 130 these days, so someone needs 70+ points on a short program. No one's had such an SP score since the 2009-2010 season.

Who's doing 130+ LP's or 70+ SP's?

Granted, there's no telling how much more than the usual score inflation Carolina will get later this season. If she scores 200+ points at Worlds with her watered-down content, I'm not sure what I would think... But of all the skaters out there she's the one mostly likely to get 200 points if the judges are determined to give her the World title.

krenseby

Final Flight
But of all the skaters out there she's the one mostly likely to get 200 points if the judges are determined to give her the World title.

You make it sound like the judges are itching to give her the World title. But maybe they'd rather give it to Mao!

Krislite

Medalist
You make it sound like the judges are itching to give her the World title. But maybe they'd rather give it to Mao!

Sorry, but Mao is hardly a judge's favorite. Both her World titles are indicative of this. She is more apt to be under-scored than over-scored. Granted, she is partly responsible for this, given her rather reckless and stubborn "strategy". If she gets the World title this season, it won't be because the judges favored it, but because the anointed one(s) squandered their opportunity.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
Having just seen Julia Lipnitskaya score almost 70 points in TES in her long program, I think you can count her in. ;)

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
I'm thinking Suzuki could do it.

We've already seen her score 66+ for that spectacular SP at the NHK. That kind of skate at worlds could see her reach 70.

She's yet to skate a clean FP, but because Akiko places many of her jumps after the 2 minute mark, she could score in the 130 range.

It's rather easy on paper, performing it in competition is a different matter entirely.

It may be easy for you on paper, but not for most of us. I remember the ideas you had for Kiira Korpi. They were very impressive. What piece of music would you start with for, say, a short program, do you think?

I always get tempted by late French romantic era chamber music, like Faure, Chausson, or Cesar Franck's Piano Quintet, especially the last movement of that piece. But I can't design a program. A costume, maybe, but not a jump layout.

miki88

Medalist
Sorry, but Mao is hardly a judge's favorite. Both her World titles are indicative of this. She is more apt to be under-scored than over-scored. Granted, she is partly responsible for this, given her rather reckless and stubborn "strategy". If she gets the World title this season, it won't be because the judges favored it, but because the anointed one(s) squandered their opportunity.

While I agree that Carolina tends to receive generous scores from the judges, she has not yet shown the same scoring potential as Mao had done at her best. So I don't agree with your last statement. And Mao was definitely a co-favorite going into 2008 Worlds. She could have won the title with a larger margin if she hadn't made that big axel mistake in the LP.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
A super clean SP with 3Lz and 3F/Lo will receive around 65-67 range this quad. So you need 6-7 triples program (hopefully with two 3Lz ) to break the 130+ mark. So far only Mao, Akiko and always gifted Kostner seen capable of or have enough content to break the 200+ mark. If it was under the old rule, Alizza might come close to it or even break it bc she can milk out tons of GOE+ on the spiral in both SP and LP. Unfortunately, not having spiral in SP make Alissa score at least 3-4 points deficit where she normally score huge one.