Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Predictions

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Voronov can do well. He medaled at a CoC in 2009. It was Oda, Lysacek, Voronov. He had a bad injury but seems better and I would just be suprised if he was last.
    Yes, he did do well there. That was also (I believe) his personal best score, and he hasn't scored that well since. He's just a really big question mark with his injury, though, and that's the main reason I had him last...the only others I see him passing is Rogozine or Menshov. We'll see, though
    Last edited by jChamp; 11-20-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I'm not sure I'd put D/S and C/J that low. They did medal at their previous GPs, granted those were in weak fields. Hmm. I might have D/S ahead of R/T and C/J ahead of P/G.
    True, but their scores were all very close (and fairly low). I think they are all on an equal playing field. Personally, I would like to see T/S, R/T, C/J, and P/G in that order, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jChamp View Post
    Hanyu and Brezina are a toss up too, but I think Hanyu will podium unless Brezina pulls off a quad or two. Brezina had lower PCS than Rippon last weekend, so I think that he'll need those jumps to come close to Abbott.
    Actually, Brezina's PCS were higher than Rippon's.
    SP:
    Brezina - 37.81
    Rippon - 36.54
    LP:
    Brezina - 76.56
    Rippon - 74.88

But, yeah Brezina will need the jumps to compete with Abbott and probably Hanyu too. He won't have to worry about getting into the GPF next week, so it's quite possible he'll be able to do the jumps since there's no pressure. But, then again, he could just as easily be careless and totally bite it. : /

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by claphappy View Post
    Actually, Brezina's PCS were higher than Rippon's.
    SP:
    Brezina - 37.81
    Rippon - 36.54
    LP:
    Brezina - 76.56
    Rippon - 74.88

But, yeah Brezina will need the jumps to compete with Abbott and probably Hanyu too. He won't have to worry about getting into the GPF next week, so it's quite possible he'll be able to do the jumps since there's no pressure. But, then again, he could just as easily be careless and totally bite it. : /
    Geeze. Let's just ignore my entire post . You're right, of course. I just remembered being surprised by how close they were but I didn't think to check. Thanks!

I do hope Brezina goes for it without the pressure to make the final. Also, I REALLY hope Fernandez makes it. That would make for an unexpected group in the final, for sure.

Tripping on the Podium
    MEN
    1. Brezina
    2. Abbot
    3. Hanyu

Thus GPF: Chan, Takahashi, Brezina, Abbot, Song, Kozuka. Yay

Custom Title
    Men
    1. Gachinski
    2. Abbott
    3. Fernandez

I would love to see Yuzuru skate two clean programs. It would really make my Thanksgiving weekend if he does b/c the Romeo and Juliet program is so beautiful xD

Ladies
    1. Sotnikova
    2. Asada
    3. Leonova

Ladies:
    1) Asada
    2) Sotnikova
    3) Leonova

Men:
    1) Fernandez
    2) Abbott
    3) Hanyu

Pairs:
    1) Savchenko/Szolkowy
    2) Kavaguti/Smirnov
    3) Gerboldt/Enbert

Dance:
    1) Davis/White
    2) Bobrova/Soloviev
    3) Weaver/Poje

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Are all these Leonova predictions purely political? It's hard to believe so many GS posters think she's the third-best skater there. Go, Haruka!

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Are all these Leonova predictions purely political? It's hard to believe so many GS posters think she's the third-best skater there. Go, Haruka!
    She wasn't the 3rd best skater at NHK and she still won Bronze, did she not? (Hello, did we see Ashley Wagner??) It's partly politics, and partly the fact the judges seem to be buying that tacky Morozov choreography hook, line, and sinker.

Custom Title
    Hanyu could either won it or out of podium. Looks like he still have a problem with stamina. Hope he won it though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post
    She wasn't the 3rd best skater at NHK and she still won Bronze, did she not? (Hello, did we see Ashley Wagner??) It's partly politics, and partly the fact the judges seem to be buying that tacky Morozov choreography hook, line, and sinker.
    ITA, russian skaters are always gifted (some deserving, some not), and she falls into latter category. Its all politics, and who every denile it should go and watch gymnastics to see the point.

Custom Title
    Leonova has made her triple toe triple toe one of the more dependable things in all of skating!! Big value there! She is being pushed by younger girls who are more talented and she needs to do 3t/3t and be more consistent and she is succeeding for the most part.

Custom Title
    Both Brezina and Hanyu are great jumpers with stamina problems, with Brezina breaking down in the last quarter of his LP and Hanyu in the middle of his. I expect both to do very well in the SP and Brezina's podium chances will depend on whether there will be underperformances or even meltdown by the front runners as happened in his previous two events. Barring self defeat, Abbott and Fernadez merit the top two spots and Gachinsky is a real contender for Bronze along with Brezina. IOW, Abbott and Fernandez will determine their own placements while Brezina, Gachinsky, and Hanyu need "help" from the top competitors. I don't see anybody out of these five to be on the podium.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Leonova has made her triple toe triple toe one of the more dependable things in all of skating!! Big value there! She is being pushed by younger girls who are more talented and she needs to do 3t/3t and be more consistent and she is succeeding for the most part.
    Yes, but that's all she has. Go, Christina!

Custom Title
    Just a note: Tomas VERNER, REED/REED (dance) and HAUSCH/WENDE (pairs) have all withdrawn from CoR. Not that any of them would be expected to medal anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast