Predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Predictions

FTnoona

Final Flight
Men
1. Gachinski
2. Abbott
3. Fernandez

I would love to see Yuzuru skate two clean programs. It would really make my Thanksgiving weekend if he does b/c the Romeo and Juliet program is so beautiful xD

Ladies
1. Sotnikova
2. Asada
3. Leonova

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
Ladies:
1) Asada
2) Sotnikova
3) Leonova

Men:
1) Fernandez
2) Abbott
3) Hanyu

Pairs:
1) Savchenko/Szolkowy
2) Kavaguti/Smirnov
3) Gerboldt/Enbert

Dance:
1) Davis/White
2) Bobrova/Soloviev
3) Weaver/Poje

Are all these Leonova predictions purely political? It's hard to believe so many GS posters think she's the third-best skater there. Go, Haruka!

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
Are all these Leonova predictions purely political? It's hard to believe so many GS posters think she's the third-best skater there. Go, Haruka!

She wasn't the 3rd best skater at NHK and she still won Bronze, did she not? (Hello, did we see Ashley Wagner??) It's partly politics, and partly the fact the judges seem to be buying that tacky Morozov choreography hook, line, and sinker.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Hanyu could either won it or out of podium. Looks like he still have a problem with stamina. Hope he won it though.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
She wasn't the 3rd best skater at NHK and she still won Bronze, did she not? (Hello, did we see Ashley Wagner??) It's partly politics, and partly the fact the judges seem to be buying that tacky Morozov choreography hook, line, and sinker.

ITA, russian skaters are always gifted (some deserving, some not), and she falls into latter category. Its all politics, and who every denile it should go and watch gymnastics to see the point.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Leonova has made her triple toe triple toe one of the more dependable things in all of skating!! Big value there! She is being pushed by younger girls who are more talented and she needs to do 3t/3t and be more consistent and she is succeeding for the most part.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Both Brezina and Hanyu are great jumpers with stamina problems, with Brezina breaking down in the last quarter of his LP and Hanyu in the middle of his. I expect both to do very well in the SP and Brezina's podium chances will depend on whether there will be underperformances or even meltdown by the front runners as happened in his previous two events. Barring self defeat, Abbott and Fernadez merit the top two spots and Gachinsky is a real contender for Bronze along with Brezina. IOW, Abbott and Fernandez will determine their own placements while Brezina, Gachinsky, and Hanyu need "help" from the top competitors. I don't see anybody out of these five to be on the podium.

Leonova has made her triple toe triple toe one of the more dependable things in all of skating!! Big value there! She is being pushed by younger girls who are more talented and she needs to do 3t/3t and be more consistent and she is succeeding for the most part.
Yes, but that's all she has. Go, Christina!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a note: Tomas VERNER, REED/REED (dance) and HAUSCH/WENDE (pairs) have all withdrawn from CoR. Not that any of them would be expected to medal anyway.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well there have been comps where H&W might have grabbed the bronze, but not at Russia or China.

claphappy

On the Ice

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Men
1. Abbott
2. Fernandez
3. Brezina
4. Gachinski
5. Hanyu
6. Mroz

I think Abbott will have a good season and it will continue here. Brezina should do better than bronze but wont due to major errors once again. Gachinski will continue to struggle to live up to his World medal. Hanyu is overhyped at this point. Fernandez will continue his breakthrough season.

Ladies

1. Asada
2. Leonova
3. Sotnikova
4. Korpi
5. Gao

The Russian federation will want to see someone age eligible for Worlds make the GP final. Sotnikova will fall further into Elizavetas shadow for the moment.

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Kavaguti/Smirnov
3. Gerboldt/Enbert
4. Berton/Hotarek
5. Solbova/Klimov
The Germans wont allow themselves another big upset defeat.

Dance

1. Davis/White
2. Bobrova/Soloviev
3. Weaver/Poje
4. Riazonova/Tkachenko

Seems pretty straightforward.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

She nearly won the bronze at Worlds last year. Why on earth would people not be picking her to medal at a regular grand prix. Who pray tell is better here besides the obvious ones. Christina Gao who cant even medal at Junior Worlds. Imai who is about the 5th best Japanese. Korpi who has been out injured awhile and who cant even reach the top in the weak European ladies field.

You could be right. I have a hard time comprehending Alena's successes. But some of these younger ones like Haruka, Christina, and Agnes may have it in them to beat her one of these days. By this weekend, in Russia? Well... if I were a betting woman I would put a little money on them. The odds would be fantastic. :laugh:

Oh, and Kiira Korpi is another outside possibility. Is she still in? I know she had an injury.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
She is probably just a placeholder by the Russian fed. until the younger Russians become age eligible for Worlds, and the less exceptional up and comers like the Polinas mature more. Next year with Adelina and Elizaveta both became age eligible for all the major events Leonova will be dropped like a hot potatoe, unless she medals at Worlds this year.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ladies

1. Asada
2. Leonova
3. Sotnikova
4. Korpi
5. Gao

The Russian federation will want to see someone age eligible for Worlds make the GP final. Sotnikova will fall further into Elizavetas shadow for the moment.

I feel the same podium ranking too but I'm hoping for the latter than Alena will NOT medal.
Korpi, Imai or Gao pls.

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Kavaguti/Smirnov
3. Gerboldt/Enbert
4. Berton/Hotarek
5. Solbova/Klimov
The Germans wont allow themselves another big upset defeat.

not if they have the same terrible LP at NHK
I feel this is K/S best season yet and will continue their streak hopefully , good luck at GP

Jtsmith12

On the Ice
What about Rachael and Agnes ? Their competiting also. I think ( well hope ) that they will have better showings.