Does a skater needs a large torso or a slim torso for doing quad jumps ? | Golden Skate

Does a skater needs a large torso or a slim torso for doing quad jumps ?

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Does a skater needs a large torso or a slim torso for doing quad jumps ?

I'm just wondering this because I saw skaters who are very slim and doing quad jumps and other who have a body very large and muscular for doing those quad jumps.

Which one is the best ? A large torso or a slim torso for doing quad jumps ?

claphappy

On the Ice
well, i would imagine a smaller torso would make for quicker revolutions, but i'm sure there's more to it than that.

I head the same question about spins. A top spins best when it is nice and round. You can't spin a pencil on its point. So is the best shape for spinning big and round?

gkelly

Record Breaker
Well, I'm bigger and rounder now than when I was 14 and I'm also better at spinning (and worse at jumping), so you might have something there...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I head the same question about spins. A top spins best when it is nice and round. You can't spin a pencil on its point. So is the best shape for spinning big and round?

I suppose if you spin on a point like a top.

This shouldn't be hard to test out: put on a fat suit and spin for comparison with a natural skinny spin.

The observed fact is that the best spinners like Ruh and Lambiel are pretty slim.